XF 1.5 Server Error upgrading from 1.5.13 to 2.0

Donny

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'user_id' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Install/Model/Upgrade.php at line 22
  5. XenForo_Install_Model_Upgrade->insertUpgradeLog() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 143
  6. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/FORUM-URL/httpdocs/install/index.php at line 18

Seem to have the above error. Done things in the wrong order really. I didn't uninstall all add-ons and went for the upgrade, seem to have glitched somewhere so don't know what stage it's at.

How can I rescue this?

Okay so I just tried to upload the upgrade files for 1.5.14 and run the upgrade and it didn't work.

Have I ballsed this up well and truely?

Is anybody super awesome at the XF databases who can help me with this? Even if paid?

Based on the paths in the error, that's running 1.x code, not 2.0 code. It looks roughly like there's a mix of files in place there, though I'm rather confused by that as this error indicates that some 2.0 upgrade code already ran.

You may be able to get away with reuploading all files and ensuring they overwrite any existing files. However, the safest thing may be to restore the DB and files to the pre-upgrade state and try the upload and upgrade again.

Thanks Mike.

My last working backup DB got overwritten, I usually go back a week or so, and I ballsed this up over Xmas and only really just got round to trying to fix it. So I don't have any other database.

I'm currently downloading all the files as they are, then will erase them from the server, and upload fresh and try that. I'm hoping it hasn't half converted the database if some files did manage to run during the upgrade to 2.0.

FWIW, I would be a little careful of erasing all the files from the server as there are ones that you need to keep. In particular, we read the library/config.php file to make the XF2 version (src/config.php) and the data/ and internal_data/ directories are all user data.

If you want to be safe, maybe delete the install/ directory and just the library/XenForo directory -- that would ensure that no XF1 code would even be able to start running.

Top Bottom