SEO (SEO2) [Deleted]

I'm not sure what's going on. I disabled your add-on and still was seeing no image. Then I uninstalled the add-on completely and it's still not working consistently.

I don't know what the issue is yet.
You have a conversation with a new version on xenMade

OK. I still have a problem. Posting this because I'm not sure if it's the same issue you're working on.

Using SEO 2.1.0 with these settings:

og-image.webp
If the first post of a thread contains an image, that image is posted to Twitter.

If the first post contains no image, it does NOT fall back to the default og:image (og-sterlingsky.png in this case) - it desn't use an image.

Maybe the image should be set with full path, e.g. /styles/og-img/og-sterlingsky.png :unsure:
I have tried different settings for this. Currently, to simplify things, the default og:Image is in the root, so that is the full path.

OK. I still have a problem. Posting this because I'm not sure if it's the same issue you're working on.

Using SEO 2.1.0 with these settings:

If the first post of a thread contains an image, that image is posted to Twitter.

If the first post contains no image, it does NOT fall back to the default og:image (og-sterlingsky.png in this case) - it desn't use an image.

I can no longer confirm with the 2.1.1 version

Via the forum options.
Screen_20181106060817.webp

Thread without Attachment
Screen_20181106060851.webp

Thread with Attachment
Screen_20181106060905.webp

Important is:
Since the image is retrieved externally, you must always use the Full URL.

Not (/)styles/image.png but https://domain.tld/styles/image.png

set correct rights

View attachment 186219

Then you will find this menu in the thread
View attachment 186220
hi, thanks for the explanation. it is working now with me and i can set meta title and decryption for each thread. yet i noticed that for each thread comes first the meta description of the forum itself then the thread description i set through your add on. how can i disable the forum meta description from each thread or at least it shouldn't appear first at the page. this way google will consider the forum's as the meta description of that thread which is not the case..!!!

any ideas will be appreciated to share

Does this work in Resource Manager as well by any chance?

XFRM:
  • Robot Index
  • Robot Follow
  • Extra Meta Title
  • Extra Meta Description
  • Change Canonical URL

Answer to your question: Yes :)

and if there's anything missing, they write to me. If the suggestion makes sense, it is usually implemented :)

Does everything work for you now?

It seems to be working. It doesn't always post an image from the first post but falls back to the default forum og:image but I think that may depend on how large the image in the post is. Is that possible? Could that be a limitation from Twitter rather thn your add-on?

@au lait , i use all 3 options of og:image Default first image of first post, Fallback to first IMG Code Image, Fallback to Avatar. The problem is when i manually change the og:image url in thread, it still shows the 1st poster avatar

Top Bottom