XF 1.1 Search Improvements and UI Tweaks in XenForo 1.1

The search system for XenForo 1.1 has had some attention, and now includes the ability to include members in search results, adds profile posts to the search index and allows more control over where to search, including one constraint that has been (extremely) frequently requested ever since we first developed the search system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The big board search was never part of 1.1.

It will be a separate add-on as it is only intended for large forums.

Oh - I thought it was going to be in 1.1 - my bad :)

Maybe i'll just migrate and use the sphinx addon until the Xenforo solution comes out.

Kier & Mike any thoughts on if you plan to add a switch for read thread behaviour. At the moment if you click back into a thread that you've read you're taken back to the very first post, it would be great if we could have a switch so that in this instance we were brought to the last post. Thank you.

You can get to the last post in a thread by clicking the date stamp in the Last Message column.

Did you try
Code:
background-color: transparent!important;
?
I added this to my EXTRAS.CSS

Code:
.primaryControls {
background-color: transparent!important;
}
I have also tried:

Code:
.primaryControls {
background: none transparent;
}

Nothing seems to budge though :(

You can get to the last post in a thread by clicking the date stamp in the Last Message column.
Hey Brogan, yeah fully aware of that but there's a number of us have pointed out that for us the default behaviour is counter-intuitive. Mike posted code to modify to get the desired behaviour, I just don't want to have to modify templates every time I update my XenForo install.

Nice improvements!
One function that imho needs some additional usability improvement is letting a naive user know that clicking on a prefix
will yield a list of all threads/posts with that prefix (no clue to this ability upon mouseover of a prefix).

Also, currently it's not possible to get such a list when using the Advanced Search form.

I started a bit of a rant about this here.

Will post a reciprocal link back to this thread from over there.

The ability to display results as a thread would be a nice option to show when you aren't in a thread/forum. I find myself dipping into advanced search just for that purpose. I suspect it has to do with searching multiple content types and not all content types have a post/thread type view... but it still would be nice to display posts/threads in results as threads when possible (when you want).

The ability to display results as a thread would be a nice option to show when you aren't in a thread/forum. I find myself dipping into advanced search just for that purpose. I suspect it has to do with searching multiple content types and not all content types have a post/thread type view... but it still would be nice to display posts/threads in results as threads when possible (when you want).
I agree, though with the search code in its current state we can't group results unless we specify a particular content type to search. We may be able to fiddle that around for 1.2, but it won't happen for 1.1 I'm afraid.

It's configurable per node for What's New:

Include threads from this forum when users click "What's New?"
If disabled, threads from this forum will never appear in the list of new / unread threads when users run /find-new/threads.

Top Bottom