• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SchmitzIT] Xenforo Mediawiki bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks very promising, and even using Xenforo to detect user activity!

Is it possible to do this with 1 subdomain and one direct path

for example, if I have
a forum: www.myforum.com
and a wiki: wiki.myforum.com

will the bridge work between those?

if so, in the config.php, should I defined the whole absolute path of the forum, for example:

define('MEDIAWIKI_PATH_TO_XENFORO', 'http://www.myforum.com');

I'm getting the same issue

"Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error."

when using www.myforum.com
and www.myforum.com/wiki

in my config, I use:

define('MEDIAWIKI_PATH_TO_XENFORO', '../');

I've also tried

define('MEDIAWIKI_PATH_TO_XENFORO', '..');
define('MEDIAWIKI_PATH_TO_XENFORO', '');

all result in the above error. I'm looking into it to figure out why...

I've solved this issue. I believe this may have been something to do with the gzip compression difference when jumping from zenoforo to the wiki.

Since the cookie in the header from xenforo is sent under a gzip compression
On sending it to the subfolder wiki, it's not recognise

I solved this by adding the following line in the index.php of the wiki:

Code:
if(!ob_start("ob_gzhandler")) ob_start();

This function will turn output buffering on. While output buffering is active no output is sent from the script (other than headers)

If you get "Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.", then its worth trying the above

I've solved this issue. I believe this may have been something to do with the gzip compression difference when jumping from zenoforo to the wiki.

Since the cookie in the header from xenforo is sent under a gzip compression
On sending it to the subfolder wiki, it's not recognise

I solved this by adding the following line in the index.php of the wiki:

Code:

This function will turn output buffering on. While output buffering is active no output is sent from the script (other than headers)

If you get "Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.", then its worth trying the above
Where in the index.php are you placing this? I'm getting the same error.

right near the top:

# Initialise common code
$preIP = dirname( __FILE__ );
require_once( "$preIP/includes/WebStart.php" );
# Initialize MediaWiki base class
$mediaWiki = new MediaWiki();

right near the top:

# Initialise common code
$preIP = dirname( __FILE__ );
require_once( "$preIP/includes/WebStart.php" );
# Initialize MediaWiki base class
$mediaWiki = new MediaWiki();

I have it just like yours then... It's not pulling any of the CSS though :(
http://minegasm.net/w/index.php?title=Main_Page

This is a completely fresh install of Mediawiki, not sure why it's not working. It pulls up fine with the extension disabled.

?The above solved your "ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED" error issue

As for the lack of styling, I'm not sure how you have installed mediaWiki, from what I can tell, there is no mention of css on that page, apart from :
<!--[if lt IE 7]><style type="text/css">body{behavior:url("/w/skins/vector/csshover.min.htc")}</style><![endif]-->

It doesn't look like mediaWiki knows what skin to use, have a look at this:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skin_configuration

I dont have all my files on this desktop, so sorry I cant be that much help to you, but it looks like this is a set up issue, and probably something defined in: localSettings.php

inside my localSettings.php, I have the following:

## Default skin: you can change the default skin. Use the internal symbolic
## names, ie 'standard', 'nostalgia', 'cologneblue', 'monobook', 'vector':
$wgDefaultSkin = "monobook";

I'm not a mediaWiki Wiz.... so somebody else might be able to help you further, I only managed to get around the above issue, I havent taken the wiki any further yet

Hmm, this plugin doesn't seem to like Vector then... Works fine when set to Monobook. Vector is the current release of MediaWiki's default skin.

Unless the author has some suggestions I'l probably just forgo wiki integration... Would have been nice though.

Thank you for your help tenants!

Edit: And suddenly it starts working...? Hm.

I was going to say... We use Vector on our site, and have no issues.

Glad to hear it solved itself, though :)

I was going to say... We use Vector on our site, and have no issues.

Glad to hear it solved itself, though :)

It stopped working all of the sudden moments after I posted that... Absolutely no style information is getting passed to the page when using Vector. Monobook works fine but... It's Monobook. I really have no idea what the issue could be... Tried multiple fresh installations with different options here and there and it just wasn't happening; unfortunately had to remove it :( Would really liked to have used this.

SchmitzIT, would you be willing to post your LocalSettings.php and index.php so I can compare?

Would running 1.1 beta 2 have anything to do with it? I can't imagine the cookie/login functions would have changed in any meaningful way, and it works using Monobook. I just don't know.

It stopped working all of the sudden moments after I posted that... Absolutely no style information is getting passed to the page when using Vector. Monobook works fine but... It's Monobook. I really have no idea what the issue could be... Tried multiple fresh installations with different options here and there and it just wasn't happening; unfortunately had to remove it :( Would really liked to have used this.

SchmitzIT, would you be willing to post your LocalSettings.php and index.php so I can compare?

Would running 1.1 beta 2 have anything to do with it? I can't imagine the cookie/login functions would have changed in any meaningful way, and it works using Monobook. I just don't know.
Adding if(!ob_start("ob_gzhandler")) ob_start(); to load.php after the webstart fixes the CSS issue. An official fix would be great though. ;)
I too am using the latest MediaWiki and XenForo 1.1.0 beta 2.

Edit: My wiki's logo seems to disappear though when you login... hmmm. So I guess that isn't a complete fix.

Adding if(!ob_start("ob_gzhandler")) ob_start(); to load.php after the webstart fixes the CSS issue. An official fix would be great though. ;)
I too am using the latest MediaWiki and XenForo 1.1.0 beta 2.

Edit: My wiki's logo seems to disappear though when you login... hmmm. So I guess that isn't a complete fix.

I'll definitely give this a shot tomorrow morning, thanks for the hint :D

With your logo, it might show up if you remove the path variable from LocalSettings.php line for the logo and type it in manually.

I'll definitely give this a shot tomorrow morning, thanks for the hint :D

With your logo, it might show up if you remove the path variable from LocalSettings.php line for the logo and type it in manually.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to fool around with it when it's more of a priority haha. We've been working on getting the rest of the forums and other sites integrated first.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to fool around with it when it's more of a priority haha. We've been working on getting the rest of the forums and other sites integrated first.
Off topic, just noticed your sig. Actually setting AuthDB up on my server tomorrow morning, LOL. :eek: Coincidences. Also, Spout is epic fun. Thanks for your hard work :)

I tried pasting everything in here, but it's too much. I added it as an attachment, albeit I edited out passwords, and have a bunch of things abbreviated (whereever you see ..., it will indicatge there were multiple similar lines. Example: Namespaces and keywords).

There's a LOT in there you will not need. We use lots of extensions, incouding Semantic Wiki, and that requires a lot of extra tweaking and tuning.

We made no changes in index.php.

Attachments

I tried pasting everything in here, but it's too much. I added it as an attachment, albeit I edited out passwords, and have a bunch of things abbreviated (whereever you see ..., it will indicatge there were multiple similar lines. Example: Namespaces and keywords).

There's a LOT in there you will not need. We use lots of extensions, incouding Semantic Wiki, and that requires a lot of extra tweaking and tuning.

We made no changes in index.php.
Are you using MediaWiki 1.17.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom