Fixed RTL Editor ...

kkm323

The rtl text editor is twisting all of the format around
see attachment
Screen Shot 2011-10-16 at 1.15.08 AM.webp
  1. there are two menu down arrow in the same field (font family & font size):confused:
  2. algin right should be moved toward the other side (the right side) :oops:
  3. indent and outdent don't work at all :mad:
  4. undo and redo should be facing the other way around :eek:
I wish all of these fixes would be resolve in the next release. If so , please release it so I can upgrade my current site.
Thank You

I would rather suggest to keep editor toolbar always LTR, no matter what is the direction of the entire page. This will make things uniform across the board and avoid several lines of codes and conditionals to aligning/arrenging individual elements in the toolbar.

It would be nice though to have an LTR/RTL toggle switch to control the content direction. Some times a post having mixed text from RTL and LTR languages require us to explicitly assign the direction to text blocks. Without such a switch, maximum one can do is apply text-alignment to right or left. But this does not come out right, specially with symbols and special characters. E.g. Right some text in Arabic and add an smiley at the end of text. If the direction property is not set for that content and the text is in an LTR page then smiley will appear in the beginning (i.e. right side) of the line, no matter text alignment is left or right. :)

this bug is not big as the other which most of them , and thanks to xf team hd been fixed
we can tolerate this bug :) but it nice to see the editor has a rtl alignment

and yes we need a LTR/RTL toggle switch to control in the editor so we can either to have RTL text or LTR text as any other pro editor
and I suggest that we have a bbcode for the direction either rtl ot ltr for the message

I would rather suggest to keep editor toolbar always LTR, no matter what is the direction of the entire page. This will make things uniform across the board and avoid several lines of codes and conditionals to align individual elements in the toolbar.

It would be nice though to have an LTR/RTL toggle switch to control the content direction. Some times a post having mixed text from RTL and LTR languages require us to explicitly assign the direction to text blocks. Without such a switch, maximum one can do is apply text-alignment to right or left. But this does not come out right, specially with symbols and special characters. E.g. Right some text in Arabic and add an smiley at the end of text. If the direction property is not set for that content and the text is in an LTR page then smiley will appear in the beginning (i.e. right side) of the line, no matter text alignment is left or right. :)
let me open a new suggestion thread for the toggle
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ltr-rtl-toggle-switch-in-the-editor.21585/

Toggle switch is good to have. We simply don't need any addtional bugs at this stage. So I rather have a staple RTL for now. (y)

I would rather suggest to keep editor toolbar always LTR, no matter what is the direction of the entire page. This will make things uniform across the board and avoid several lines of codes and conditionals to align individual elements in the toolbar.

Keeping the editor toolbar always LTR does not seem right IMO. That does not make the page -specially the editor- fully RTL.
Having more lines of code and conditions is not a big deal, and it's much much better than having LTR editor in -supposed to be- RTL page.

As for the RTL/LTR button in the editor for content. It's a must have feature specially in forums that use mixed languages of both RTL and LTR for the same reason you mentioned specially when it's only a matter of adding a simple button (or two) to the editor.

Top Bottom