Roadmap for the near future

Ati

Hi,

I understand that 1.0 gold is the short-term goal now, and no new features will be added to it.

Is there a public roadmap of the new features that will be added shortly after the gold release?

I'm still undecided, I miss a couple features, and knowing that they will be added very soon would count a lot... :) Most of these I could live without in the short-term, but one feature is still a big show-stopper for me, and that's the "ignore thread" feature.

Thanks,

Ati

A single person is able to ignore another single person. No post or something else of the ignored person is visible or readeble. So you are able to ignore one or more people as you like to. Discouraged user is a global policy.

I'd love a roadmap.. but I think I want 1.0 released first. Once 1.0 is released, the developers can sit down (or Skype) and set the roadmap in stone before releasing it. Don't forget, we still need a documentation and a 'stable' appended to this already stable software.

Another idea might be for Xenforo to be fair to developers and tell them what they are NOT working on.
If a Gallery plugin comes out soon ... why should people waste time making one ?
Since Xenforo is benefiting from developers "Filling in the holes" of things not yet in core Xenforo ... I hope those developers are respected.

vBulletin never released any major addons.
There were a few addons (blog, projects) but they weren't popular, nor were they Major addons.
Major addons would be: a gallery, a good CMS, more social networking.

I hope Xenforo strikes the right balance in letting people know what is going on and avoiding the hassles of promising too much and not delivering.

Top Bottom