XF 1.5 Restoring deleted thread(s)

Radiola

I saw an answer that looked close to what I wanted to do last night but I can't find it now. Hope this doesn't duplicate anything.

One of our admins was consolidating old threads (both closed years ago). He thinks he was able to merge the later thread into the older one. No problem. He was trying to copy a post into the combined thread and the thread seems to have been deleted.

I looked into mysql to see if there was a way to undo the delete but I couldn't figure anything out. Also suffering form a massive headcold so thinking is a little slow.

a) We have a backup on our server that backs up every couple of days so I should be able to export the deleted thread(s) back into the main database from the current sql.

b) I also have an old copy of the sql from 2016 when we were changing servers and I think I could find the threads (I know the thread numbers) from there and export them into the current sql.

I'm just not sure how to do either one (really a noob with the higher level techie things) and I'm not sure which would be quicker or easier.

Top Bottom