Resource Manager Questions

The Dark Wizard

Hey guys!

I PMed mike with some questions on the RM and he told me to come ask on the forums because other users will be able to answer my questions(Hes really busy and I feel bad for PMing him any way :<).

Just had a few questions before it goes on sale.

I know that addons can make a thread but my question is can you link an existing thread to a new resource/addon/submission or what ever you call them?

Can new submissions be added to moderation for approval? If so do you need ACP level access or can a "moderator" do it?

I might have some more questions in the future but I think those are good ones for now.

Underscores or blanks spaces? ___________________

Unless the category names only allow letters/numbers and spaces. I guess this would be the quick&dirty way to do it, but just need to physically separate related categories, so it's not all just one bunched up list of master categories.

Ah, darn. Plus the "0" is there so it might confuse people. Well that answers that question, I guess I would have to invest in a plugin, or simply structure the categories in a way that separates paid/free, but still encourages people to click through stuff. Only the master categories are "open" by default until you click them, correct? Would it be an easy tweak to have master and 1st level sub-categories be "open"/expanded by default?

Sorry for all the random questions, I'm already plugging away at working out the community I have in my head, I'll give others a chance to ask questions too!

Underscores or blanks spaces? ___________________

Unless the category names only allow letters/numbers and spaces. I guess this would be the quick&dirty way to do it, but just need to physically separate related categories, so it's not all just one bunched up list of master categories.

If I understood correctly couldn't you just do.....

Code:
.resourceListSidebar .categoryList li {
    border-bottom: 1px solid green; }

rm_catli.webp

While Shelley has a good idea in separating master categories, it doesn't provide a physical separate between them, but it's still a good idea! Does that code also create green lines between SUB categories? Or only apply to master categories? Ideally it should only apply to master categories, so that sub-categories are in neat little continue list, while showing differentiation from the master categories.

The solution is getting a bit too technical for me, though I am glad there is a potential solution that I can have implemented by a developer, thanks everyone!

Here is another scenario I would be curious knowing whether they would be technically feasible (and the difficulty involved if possible):

Would it be possible to have check boxes next to categories, so that they control what resources are displayed based on what's checked? The reasoning behind this being, say you are interested in specific subcategories but want to omit other subcategories. Having check-boxes would let you pick and choose more specific stuff to display, and would make the categories act even more super-filter-y (excuse the made up terminology).

Top Bottom