reply with tag

screen-shot-2013-06-05-at-9-51-28-am-png.48042

I don't think people need this.
They should just use @username_

Yet, you want the tag to do the same exact functionality. Which is inconsistant with the rest of the software. Adding a 3 letter word to explicitly define this functionality would help quite a few people (especially if they have spaces in their name).

Quick look, should be no more than 5 lines of JavaScript and 1 link added to the post bit.

People tagged "oldskool" by dragging the username down and the editor preserved the formatting. This could be manipulated to auto-tag but I think it can't get much simpler than @ and the username. That's personal preference though, I'm sure some people wouldn't adjust to the manual labour involved in that and in which case a simple tag hyperlink that executes javascript to insert into the editor should be easily visible and consistent. Hiding the tagging execution hyperlink in some non-default action will require just as much education to your users as telling them to precede the username with the @ symbol.

@Digital Doctor, that doesn't display on mobile tho. Tag would, and clearly states the purpose. The notion of Name -> Member Card is logical since nearly any time you click on a username, you want a profile. Facebook tags, twitter mentions and others I've seen all function with this motion. This makes the feature easier to understand when introduced.

I just looked.
I think the mobile style should display the Username, not just the time of the post !
Solved !

The username is at the top of the post. Mobile styles should be minimalistic and I don't fuss over the username not being at the bottom.

Yes you can click tag with mobile.

I like the text Tag on the right because it's KISS - simple.
This is going to be a new function to a lot of users so making it also some kind of quasi intuitive drag, or the slightly confusing +@ = Tag, but -@ = membercrad is muddling.

PLUS it's clearly visible as Tag on the right, logically next to Reply, so it would promotes usage/ reduces quoting.

I vote for a Tag @ button on the editor toolbar as well - a neat addon?

Clicking works fine, @Digital Doctor. Last poster user names are removed all over the style. Minimalistic but useful is the goal. It takes up space that is needed for information / actions not found elsewhere.

Top Bottom