Renewals are $55 now?

A quick question: my annual support ends tomorrow. If I don't renew it by then, can I still just renew it for example, a week from now?
Yes, you can renew any time you like. There aren't any penalties for renewing now, or next year. It's your choice.

You can have the add-on removed from your license, but you would need to purchase it again if you want to use it in the future.

How can I do that?

I have one question, if I remove it, would I still be able to use the current version of the official add on, the one that I paid for?

If you want to remove an add-on, send a ticket in requesting the add-on be canceled.

And no, if you cancel the add-on, it must be removed from your site.

Surely someone could remove an add-on, renew their license for 5 years, then add the add-on back on to get free renewals with the add-on for those 5 years? Would that work...?

If you request us to remove an add-on from your license, it cannot be added back on unless it is repurchased.

If you request us to remove an add-on from your license, it cannot be added back on unless it is repurchased.
I think Liam is saying if you pay for a few years support in advance then buy the licence then you avoid the inflated renewals for the duration of the few years support you've purchased.

It's theoretically possible.

In Liam's specific example, where you already own the add-on, and remove it, you would have to renew for 5 years in advance and re-purchase the add-on for $60 just to save $15.

If you don't already own the add-on, and you're desperate to save that $15 per year for 5 years, then you will be having to pay $260 in renewals + $60 for the RM in advance just to save $75.

Frankly, I don't think it's worth it just to save a small amount of money, but if it's what you want to do we can't really stop you (short of preventing early or repeated renewals).

Some people prefer to save their money on renewals by not renewing until an update that is released that they need. That possibly represents a more significant saving; that said, we obviously recommend you keep your XF as up to date as possible to benefit from the latest features and fixes ;)

Top Bottom