Removing Board Title from forum_view

Michael

I am wanting to remove the board title from the forum view template as well as a few others. In forum_view I see this:
Code:
<xen:title>{$forum.title}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>
I have tried removing different sections of that with no luck at all, any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you are trying to remove. The xen:title sets the title attribute in the header of the page. You will need to find all instances of it to remove each generated page's title. Is that what you are trying to remove, or the name in H1 tags just below the breadcrumbs (<xen:h1>{$forum.title}</xen:h1>), or in forum_list: <xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>?

I'm not sure what you are trying to remove. The xen:title sets the title attribute in the header of the page. You will need to find all instances of it to remove each generated page's title. Is that what you are trying to remove, or the name in H1 tags just below the breadcrumbs (<xen:h1>{$forum.title}</xen:h1>), or in forum_list: <xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>?

I just want to remove the automatic board title such as on this page, | XenForo Community :)

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER

Change this:

Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

...to this:

Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title}<xen:else  />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

is there any chance to have the "Title" at the browser-bar diffferent to the Forum-Name (the one Forum-Name which is showing on top of the Forum-list) ?

is there any chance to have the "Title" at the browser-bar diffferent to the Forum-Name (the one Forum-Name which is showing on top of the Forum-list) ?

The board title is defined in your:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board Title

Otherwise you can change that specific occurrence of the board title by editing the same template as above:

Look at this code:

Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

And replace the two instances of this with a different name:

Code:
{$xenOptions.boardTitle}

What I did with my instance is put "| Modern Warfare 2 Forums" right after the {$xenOptions.boardTitle} part. And this shows up on every page in my instance.

This does NOT mess with your Forum title in forum list, or any forum node.

Otherwise you can change that specific occurrence of the board title by editing the same template as above:

Look at this code:

Code:

And replace the two instances of this with a different name:

Code:
{$xenOptions.boardTitle}

that made it.
many thanks Jake!

Top Bottom