Referral Contests 2 by Siropu

Referral Contests 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.2.14

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Maybe use the default term "Referrals" instead of Trophy Points to avoid confusion such as I had?
Referrals and trophy points are not the same thing. Trophy points are the XF's built in points you get for certain achievements and you can use them in the add-on as well as rewards in contests or for each referral that registers.

There are no issues with referral tracking. Please do some testing yourself and let me know if you find any issue.
The other add-on is a separate add-on, a lite version of this one without contests.

There are no issues with referral tracking. Please do some testing yourself and let me know if you find any issue.
The other add-on is a separate add-on, a lite version of this one without contests.
that's strange. i will let you know. thanks

Siropu updated Referral Contests 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added option to allow referrals to auto follow referrer upon registration. This can be enabled from admin options.

When using option "Use profile page as referral link" and visitor landed on the page from a search engine, it will not count as a referral so no cookie will be placed.

Fixed an issue when using "Encrypt user ID" where the real user id is showing in the cookie.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu I am getting Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $referrer src/addons/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php:378

Generated by: bnb123 Nov 1, 2021 at 1:11 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php(378): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 378)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): Siropu\ReferralContests\Listener::userEntityPostSave(Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User))
#2 src/XF.php(954): XF\Extension->fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\User')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1274): XF::fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\User')
#4 src/XF/Service/User/EmailConfirmation.php(51): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AccountConfirmation.php(29): XF\Service\User\EmailConfirmation->emailConfirmed()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation->actionEmail(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AccountConfi...', 'Email', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2345): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "/account-confirmation/bnb123.21412/email?c=NnQL_MH3GQWUXTxW"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["c"] => string(16) "NnQL_MH3GQWUXTxW"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

When buying this add-on I need to have 100% confirmation that this add-on works with Dragonbyte Credits without any problems.

I haven't checked the add-on since XF1, but I did request to have DBTech support added.

I do not know if it is using the DBTech event system, which allows for negating transactions and moderation queue support however.

When buying this add-on I need to have 100% confirmation that this add-on works with Dragonbyte Credits without any problems.
It should work. If it doesn't, it will be fixed. You need to have the "Adjust" event enabled.

It doesn't have its own custom event. It works with the "Adjust" event.
Would it be possible to get an actual DBTech event? This would give it the ability to negate the event, or to force it to moderation queue for approval.

@Siropu I'm running my first contest on RVForums.com. When clicking the share button on the upper right of the post the TAG is embedded in the social media links but NOT the copy link at the bottom? Should it be embedded there too so people can copy the link and post it wherever they want?

Mobile users are also reporting the share link is not including the tag. I tried it on my iphone and when tapping the share link on the top right of a post it pops up a dialog, I choose copy link, and the tag is not included there either.

I have a user that needs approval to join due to a potential spam match on username. I can't approve them, getting an error (XF 2.2.9):

Server error log
  • TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Siropu\ReferralContests\Listener::followUser() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given, called in /var/www/rvforums.com/public_html/src/addons/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php on line 378
  • src/addons/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php:689
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Apr 17, 2022 at 7:52 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/Siropu/ReferralContests/Listener.php(378): Siropu\ReferralContests\Listener::followUser(NULL, Object(Z61\Classifieds\XF\Entity\User))
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): Siropu\ReferralContests\Listener::userEntityPostSave(Object(Z61\Classifieds\XF\Entity\User))
#2 src/XF.php(966): XF\Extension->fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\User')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1276): XF::fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\User')
#4 src/XF/ApprovalQueue/User.php(60): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/XF/ApprovalQueue/AbstractHandler.php(122): XF\ApprovalQueue\User->actionApprove(Object(Z61\Classifieds\XF\Entity\User))
#6 src/XF/Job/ApprovalQueueProcess.php(67): XF\ApprovalQueue\AbstractHandler->performAction('approve', Object(Z61\Classifieds\XF\Entity\User))
#7 src/XF.php(625): XF\Job\ApprovalQueueProcess->XF\Job\{closure}()
#8 src/XF/Job/ApprovalQueueProcess.php(68): XF::asVisitor(Object(Z61\Classifieds\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\ApprovalQueueProcess->run(8)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#12 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#13 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(30) "https://rvforums.com/admin.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

How can we manually credit a referral? From the bug above a person did not get credit for the referral.

Top Bottom