• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would suggest that those threads have either not imported correctly, or there is no record of their having been imported.

Can you see a record for thread 109722 in your xf_import_log table?

Code:
SELECT *

FROM `smsmast_xenforo`.`xf_import_log`

WHERE (

`content_type` LIKE '%109722%'

OR `old_id` LIKE '%109722%'

OR `new_id` LIKE '%109722%'

)

LIMIT 0 , 30
2.webp

No thread :(

Would mod_security affect this redirection? I found something in the logs

Code:
2011-04-02    12:29:40    78.46.109.177    /forum/++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Result:+%E8%F1%EF%EE%EB%FC%E7%EE%E2%E0%ED+%ED%E8%EA%ED%E5%E9%EC+%22TriquelorCrer%22;+%EF%E8%EA%F2%EE%EA%EE%E4+%E4%E5%F8%E8%F4%F0%EE%E2%E0%ED+%2823+%EF%EE%EF%FB%F2%EE%EA%29;+%E7%E0%F0%E5%E3%E8%F1%F2%F0%E8%F0%EE%E2%E0%EB%E8%F1%FC+%28%E2%EA%EB%FE%F7%E5%ED+%F0%E5%E6%E8%EC+%F2%EE%EB%FC%EA%EE+%F0%E5%E3%E8%F1%F2%F0%E0%F6%E8%E8%29;+%EF%EE%F7%F2%EE%E2%FB%E9+%E0%E4%F0%E5%F1+%ED%E5%EA%EE%F0%F0%E5%EA%F2%E5%ED,+%EB%E8%E1%EE+%E4%E0%ED%ED%FB%E9+%EF%EE%F7%F2%EE%E2%FB%E9+%F1%E5%F0%E2%E5%F0+%E7%E0%E1%E0%ED%E5%ED; HTTP/1.0    www.smsmasters.co.uk    Access denied with code 406 (phase 2). Invalid UTF-8 encoding: invalid byte value in character at REQUEST_FILENAME. [offset "47"] [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf"] [line "23"] [id "950801"] [msg "UTF8 Encoding Abuse Attack Attempt"] [severity "WARNING"]    406

Thank you Kier, these archive links now work! :D

Guys,

I am sorry but I need this dumbed down.
I moved live from vbull 4 with vbseo to xenforo,

Now I like to make sure we do not get into too much trouble with google index,

How can I accomplish this, I read all the above but its 1 pay grade above me at the moment, I am only level 14

Guys,

I am sorry but I need this dumbed down.
I moved live from vbull 4 with vbseo to xenforo,

Now I like to make sure we do not get into too much trouble with google index,

How can I accomplish this, I read all the above but its 1 pay grade above me at the moment, I am only level 14
This won't work with vBSEO redirects but this add-on should (Not sure how well as I haven't read the thread) http://xenforo.com/community/threads/redirects-for-vbseod-urls.5098/.

Hi.

I uploaded the vb files (showthread etc) into my root, as thats where vbull used to be, but now it houses xf
I created the rewrites using the script on the link you send,

But ...rewrites don't happen

This is the error I get

Warning: require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /blah/blah/public_html/showthread.php on line 110

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /blah/blah/public_html/showthread.php on line 110

When I use the script it shows me these results

Your Rewrite Rules

Source: Rewrites for uploaded XML file
Thread Paging
RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+-([\d]+).html showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
Thread
RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]
Forum Paging
Unsupported url format.
Forum
Unsupported url format.

Can anyone else confirm Mike Law's post above or is that not the correct method for going from vbulletin 4 with vbseo to XF? We are putting off an import for now if its giving errors.

If a vBulletin forum is imported into XenForo and the redirects are installed... and then a XenForo thread is moved to another forum or the thread title is changed, will the original vBulletin redirect continue to work?

If a vBulletin forum is imported into XenForo and the redirects are installed... and then a XenForo thread is moved to another forum or the thread title is changed, will the original vBulletin redirect continue to work?
Yes to both.

I installed the redirect scripts following the directions in the first post and it is not working properly. It seems to redirect everything to the new main page xenForo rather than the proper thread, member etc.

Vbulletin 3.87 was installed in /forums/ and I installed xenForo today in /community/

It seems like it is not finding the import log and frankly, I can't find it either. Where should it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom