Resource icon

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x 8.0

No permission to download
Got the archives working under nginx with this

Code:
location /vb/archive/index.php/ {

rewrite ^/vb/archive/index.php/t-([0-9]+)\.html /vb/archive/index.php?t-$1.html last;
                                                            rewrite ^/vb/archive/index.php/f-([0-9]+)\.html /vb/archive/index.php?f-$1.html last;

}

Though that does not take into count paging. Can someone help me with paging?

Only thing I have left is the page-2 problem here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/page-2-redirect-not-working.62438/

If your vBSEO is set to have a url for each post you can redirect via this:

Code:
rewrite ^/vb/([0-9]+)-post([0-9]+)\.html /index.php?posts/$1/ permanent;

Ours doesn't seem to be working but it's over my head. We do have ngix installed. This is for gatorcountry.com/swampgas. vB was installed in same spot. Any suggestions? Redirects just take you to forum front page. Thanks

Ours doesn't seem to be working but it's over my head. We do have ngix installed. This is for gatorcountry.com/swampgas. vB was installed in same spot. Any suggestions? Redirects just take you to forum front page. Thanks

That often means that you need to specify the name of the import_log table in the 301config.php file. The table is usually named one of these:

xf_import_log
archived_import_log

Try both.

Do you, by any chance, know how to translate such rule for Apache? :)

Thank you!

Directly translated... and placed in .htaccess in the /vb directory on your server:

Code:
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)-post([0-9]+)\.html /index.php?posts/$1/ [R=301,L];

Though I suspect you should be using $2 in this case:

Code:
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)-post([0-9]+)\.html /index.php?posts/$2/ [R=301,L];

I can only be certain if you provide an old and new thread URL so I can confirm the correct rules.

Which of the two? :)

Either way, both of them end up in a 500 Internal Server Error. :(

Hey, @Jake Bunce, did you have a chance to have a look at the thread of our private conversation?

Thank you!

If you give me an old and new URL for the same thread then I can be sure about your specific rewrite rules. I only have the old URL. I need the new URL as well to know if the ids are the same or not, and if the base URL has changed or not. That affects the rewrite rules.

I haven't looked at your PM yet. I have been extremely busy. I will try to look tonight.

If you give me an old and new URL for the same thread then I can be sure about your specific rewrite rules. I only have the old URL. I need the new URL as well to know if the ids are the same or not, and if the base URL has changed or not. That affects the rewrite rules.

Fair enough. :) Here you go:

Old URL of a post on page two:
http://www.comunidadhosting.com/119548-post22.html

New URL at XenForo:
http://www.comunidadhosting.com/t/aconsejar-hosting-para-tienda-prestashop.18748/page-2#post-119548

I haven't looked at your PM yet. I have been extremely busy. I will try to look tonight.
Thanks @Jake Bunce, no worries. I just wanted to confirm you received it. :)

Is there a way to skip one of the 301 re-directs in this process, namely adding in the thread title first time round.

At the moment it goes VBSEO URL > /showthread.php?t=1 > /threads/1/ > /threads/title.1/

As I've got the import log and XF database, can I get showthread.php to redirect straight to the full XF URL which includes the thread title in the name? It would help me do everything in a single 301 re-direct if that is possible.

There isn't an option to do that. There's also a potential information leak because the showthread.php file doesn't go through full permission checks, so adding the title may leak a private thread's title. (Showthread.php doesn't actually query anything other than the import log table.)

There isn't an option to do that. There's also a potential information leak because the showthread.php file doesn't go through full permission checks, so adding the title may leak a private thread's title. (Showthread.php doesn't actually query anything other than the import log table.)

Thanks Mike, that makes sense. I've skipped the first VBSEO > showthread.php?t=x step as I've retained threadIDs, so that's part way there at least. For some reason Google seems to be indexing the intermediary 301 URLs, even though I've used a header checker to confirm that they are providing the correct response and so on.

Hopefully this will correct over the coming weeks as the crawling continues. Normally I wouldn't be as bothered (as I've done this same import many times), but the traffic drop this time was far greater than I expected.

Top Bottom