• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Redirection Scripts for Invision Power Board 3.1.x/3.2.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it last weekend - from IP.Board 3.1.4 with 1.6 million posts - and I've got to say the importer works really well. (I think Kier/Mike have made it more complete too since the first time I tested it a few months ago!!) (y)

Good luck with your move. (y)
Thanks, does it bring over blogs? I have over 100 "company" blogs that I could do with transferring.

Thanks, does it bring over blogs? I have over 100 "company" blogs that I could do with transferring.

No. Only the forums.

I moved my IPB install to a sub-directory and I'm manually transferring blog and gallery data over the coming weeks/months as time allows. (y)

No. Only the forums.

I moved my IPB install to a sub-directory and I'm manually transferring blog and gallery data over the coming weeks/months as time allows. (y)
Oh no, so there's nothing that can take the blog data over? That sucks a bit.

Manual-shmanual :(

So I've read the whole thread and there seems to be mass confusion, therefore I want to make sure I know exactly what to do when I convert.

I currently have IPB installed in /forums. When I convert, I plan on putting xF in /forums and moving IPB to something like /ipbforums. By looking at everything posted, I need to keep all the files and database intact with my IPB install. But here's the confusing part...what do I do with the files posted in this thread? Do I put them in /forums where my new xF install will be? Or, do I put them in /ipbforums? Or both? I think that's the most confusing part as of right now because I thought the instructions said to put them in the xf folder but reading some replies, it sounds like it has to go in the /ipbforums directory.

To me, the instructions seem straight forward but with all the confusion and problems stated in this thread, some clarity would be appreciated. Thank you.

You put them where your IPB forums are now (or used to be once you've completed the migration) - so, in your case "/forums" since this is where your IPB files resided before the XF migration and is therefore where all the current site links are pointing to ... (y)

It doesn't matter where you move your IPB files to ... :)

The included .htaccess file then redirects your "old" IPB traffic to the file "ips2xf.php" which then does the reworking and points it at the new XF style URL. (It's a 301 redirect as well, which tells search engines the move to the new [XF] URL is permanent).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Oh, one point of note - if you wish to use your IPB forum (for reference or whatever) in the new location - and you previously have FURLs turned on - you'll need to disable them as the rewrite rule for IPB FURLs conflicts with XFs rewrite rules. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom