Redactor or TinyMce?

Redactor

• Total voters
The establishment says you can't say that.

Rebooted Spock says colour maybe required. Now personally, i like the icons, i do. But spock is wanting some colour which he also said can be done easily if people can be bothered to change the spritesheet with their own custom icons.

Redactor-(Dark)-spock.webp

I'm liking the idea of creating transparent icons, and shading the bar however you'd like.

progress.webp

That's the ticket. So much more flexible than TinyMCE.

Seems Redactor is the editor of choice and overall embraced by the majority. With bugs and minor issues always being fixed and ironed out it'll only become better. :)

Seems Redactor is the editor of choice and overall embraced by the majority. With bugs and minor issues always being fixed and ironed out it'll only become better. :)

Are we talking about TinyMCE v3 or v4 ? Because Redactor over TMCE v3 makes definitively sense, but v4, I would not say that.

That's said Redactor is ok, though it would be nice if the default style shipped with the release would be adjusted, because as it, it doesn't fit the default forum style at all ; the overused gradient effect should be at least more subtle/generic/neutral.

Are we talking about TinyMCE v3 or v4 ? Because Redactor over TMCE v3 makes definitively sense, but v4, I would not say that.

That's said Redactor is ok, though it would be nice if the default style shipped with the release would be adjusted, because as it, it doesn't fit the default forum style at all ; the overused gradient effect should be at least more subtle/generic/neutral.

The old one on xf that was used.

Regarding the gradient, that's been discussed and users are able (easily) to customize to their preference. But that is a discussion I won't get into since I made my points clear in another thread. :)

Then comparing is not really fair, since the answer is rather obvious. :p

About the style, yeah, I know and of course, I just wanted to say in others words I'm kind of surprised it did not fit it properly with the current default theme. That's all. If properly integrated from the start, it will be welcomed, nothing else.

Then comparing is not really fair, since the answer is rather obvious. :p

About the style, yeah, I know and of course, I just wanted to say in others words I'm kind of surprised it did not fit it properly with the current default theme. That's all. If properly integrated from the start, it will be welcomed, nothing else.

Nope. Not if you were trying to see if change was accepted in the way of the new editor. Apparently most people don't like change but the poll results indicate they are embracing it.

Seems to me that it's not the majority disliking it, but that it's a reasonably small but very vocal and passionate subset that don't like it.

The only disadvantage of redactor in my mind is the poor default toolbar appearance and icon set, though nothing a little customisation can't fix, and probably much more easily than in tinymce.

That being said, it doesn't bring a lot to the table besides speed/customisability - it's got plenty of glitches and the UI is pretty weird and unintuitive, for example the dropdown menu on the link button should be 2 buttons, and the font/colour/etc buttons don't have anything to suggest they are dropdowns (such as an arrow or something) and their icons are particularly bad.

The only disadvantage of redactor in my mind is the poor default toolbar appearance and icon set, though nothing a little customisation can't fix, and probably much more easily than in tinymce.
That's what Mike and Brogan keep saying but it still condemns all of us to use it on here! (some don't mind it though)
Plus there are lots of admins who use XF as default. Making a feature customisable, even if far more so than the previous version, doesnt help them.
Finally new visitors here are not getting agood impression. Some may like it but plenty won't and a couple of simple edits would fix it so most would.
That being said, it doesn't bring a lot to the table besides speed/customisability - it's got plenty of glitches and the UI is pretty weird and unintuitive, for example the dropdown menu on the link button should be 2 buttons, and the font/colour/etc buttons don't have anything to suggest they are dropdowns (such as an arrow or something) and their icons are particularly bad.
Mike has said the buttons will not be XF edited, though editable by admin.
There is a small chance the background might be switched to pale blue to match the Likes/ post buttons/ breadcrumbs, so it integrates.
There's a conflict of gradient directions some of us hope will get cleared up.
Alignment is now hidden behind one button (2 clicks) instead of explicitly 3 buttons/ one click.
Copy/ Paste within the textarea forces newline insert which is highly frustrating - you have to keep deleting and it jumps about as you do it.

Top Bottom