Receive notifications without emails

Weppa333

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I'm only running my XF install since 15 days,

I received a question from a user, who wants to be able to follow topics (notifs) without receiving emails. There is an option for that for the topics you participate in, but there does not seem to be an option for that for "followed" topics

Am I right ?

thanks,
and have a good day :)

Thanks Jake,
I've read those threads, and part of it was helpful,

However one uncertainty remains ; so there is no way, when you have "subscribed to a thread" and checked "and receive emails" when you did, to stop receiving emails for that thread, but still watch it ? (Like well, in VB 3.x )
You can't "toggle" email on/off for subscribed threads, am I right ?

So for threads "subscribed in the past", you either accept emails, or stop following, is that right too ?

You can't "toggle" email on/off for subscribed threads, am I right ? So for threads "subscribed in the past", you either accept emails, or stop following, is that right too ?
For a single user you can toggle email on and off, you can go to watched threads from your account menu, select "Show all watched threads" and then disable email notification for the threads. Although you'll have to go through each entry one by one checking them off though as there is no select all option.

Exactly ! Thanks Despair !

I never noticed this one because /watched/threads has no checkboxes

You have to go to bottom of the page, and click /watched/threads/all in order to (finally) have the option to stop receiving emails while still watching. Which is what the user wanted (and I'm sure I'm gonna get this question in the future again)

THANKS for the clarifications, I'm sure it's gonna help someone else

What I'm gonna do, is to change my templates and especially the link in the user profile for "watched threads" directly to watched/threads/all, and maybe put the select box above the list instead of below.

Top Bottom