Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

I agree, it is a consideration that needs to be taken into account.
I'm sure Ashley will make an announcement once they have decided.

I'll give him a little nudge anyway ;)

Thanks,Brogan.
I think it's wise and necessary for xenforo to announce the exact number before starting to sell the product.From 40 to 140 would be a wide range to make decision.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you plan on waiting 9 months from when your support and maintenance contract ends to renew it.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you plan on waiting 9 months from when your support and maintenance contract ends to renew it.
Well it is a valid point to make.

Not all license owners will necessarily keep up to date with the annual support fee (although it would be great if they did :)), which is exactly why a reactivation fee has been proposed.

If they went by vBulletins old pricing (For re-activation) I think it would be around $60-70 instead of $40 a year renewal.

Thats just a guess.
If they made the Reactivation Fee anything over 70 bucks it would be better just to buy a new xenforo license for 140 dollars. You would get a new license plus support :)

Bear in mind that we want customers to renew the licenses consistently which will support the ongoing development of XenForo. We want a reasonable and sensible process that supports this. The word 'reactivation' is being used to demonstrate that it is different from a renewal when in reality it is a type of renewal.

The reactivation fee is unlikely to be more than 2 renewal fees.

Example: Regular renewals
Year 1 $100/$140 purchase
Year 2 $40 renewal month 12
Year 3 $40 renewal month 24
Total $180/$220

Putting this in reverse, at the end of 3 years, it should cost the same (more or less) for any customer who benefits from an update in a 3/4 year period.
Example:
Year 1 $100/$140 purchase
Year 2 $0
Year 3 $80 reactivation fee (payable from month 13)
Total $180/$220

We will confirm the details before the sale and keep in mind that these are examples for the purposes of illustration.

Top Bottom