Rant: I hate the Forum Home, it sucks.

That looks good also. Though I would have kept the lastpost data in and do something creative with it rather than leaving it out. Not sure the .nodeDescription needed to be there but i guess that is preference I would have personally left that out. Overall though, not to bad at all.

Yes, I agree with you on the lastpost data. @Ashley.S. and I will have a look... and see what we can do.
Thankyou for the kind words Shelley,

avforums.com: Do you like the Compact view or Detailed view ?

Compact View:
upload_2013-10-26_21-23-26.webp

Detailed View:

upload_2013-10-26_21-25-36.webp

Probably not a fair question.

I do love the [+] forum toggles.

On this site, the forum home looks cleaner by not displaying threads, replies for every subforum .... just display those stats upon hovering over that forum.
It has the effect of making it easier to read the forum titles. Very clean look.

display.forum.home.stats.on.hover.webp

Note: this forum has also disabled the "display forum description upon hover" popup.

[Example]

I've got everything easily accessible from my home page. I'm satisfied with it. But I still have users from other sites that think it's too complicated. What do you think?

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 9.23.40 PM.webp

Another forum I'm a member of but rarely visit or contribute, is moving from vbulletin to nodebb. When I read the announcement, I assumed it was gonna be about Xenforo. So I googled nodebb. Can't see much from my iphone so I logged on here to see what y'all had to say about it. How is it compared to vanillaforums?

Another forum I'm a member of but rarely visit or contribute, is moving from vbulletin to nodebb. When I read the announcement, I assumed it was gonna be about Xenforo. So I googled nodebb. Can't see much from my iphone so I logged on here to see what y'all had to say about it. How is it compared to vanillaforums?

Wow, NodeBB is slick. Loads incredibly fast even compared to XF. Not sure I like the Pinterest style forum home, but that could be easily changed.

Wow, NodeBB is slick. Loads incredibly fast even compared to XF. Not sure I like the Pinterest style forum home, but that could be easily changed.
Hmm. I don't like the circle avatars. That forum home looks kinda chaotic. They're on vBulletin 4 right now. As long as they don't move over to vBulletin 5, I'll still visit. nodebb doesn't look bad at all.

I really dislike the chaotic pinterest layout. it lacks an ordered overview of content.
Pinterest has its uses. However, I strongly oppose the trend where many sites (even Google+) have taken on the same highly unreadable and chaotic style of layout. Our eyes cannot easily follow that style of layout. It lacks "flow."

To me it is as annoying as any site that "autoloads" pages the further you scroll down. It bogs browsers down even on fast, modern computers. I've encountered a few on my tablet and it's been such a poor experience that I've wanted to chuck my tablet out the window...

Top Bottom