Random thread about the state of XenForo

I was talking about cars in my last post to see if you'd get my drift but you didn't so I'll break it down some more. You wanna cut out the excess weight when racing cars right? Don't need AC and a stereo system etc. You build it for speed. That's what Xenforo is. A race car that's taking years to tack on all the other amenities vBulletin 4.x series already has.
So you like XF because it is comparable to a race car without all of the extra stuff like vB4 has but at the same time you aren't happy with XF because they haven't tacked on all of the extra stuff like vB4 has? :cautious:

So you like XF because it is comparable to a race car without all of the extra stuff like vB4 has but at the same time you aren't happy with XF because they haven't tacked on all of the extra stuff like vB4 has? :cautious:
Something like that but I wouldn't say that I'm not happy. I'm good! Even if it had all that extra stuff I'd probably find something else to request.

Something like that but I wouldn't say that I'm not happy. I'm good! Even if it had all that extra stuff I'd probably find something else to request.
Do you appreciate the irony in that if XF did tack on all of the extra stuff like vB then it wouldn't be a race car anymore that is nice & speedy but yet another mid-size sedan that is interchangeable with others in the same market?

Do you appreciate the irony in that if XF did tack on all of the extra stuff like vB then it wouldn't be a race car anymore that is nice & speedy but yet another mid-size sedan that is interchangeable with others in the same market?
This thread from adminextra contains a basic list of features I'd like to see in Xenforo 1.3 that are in vBulletin 4. If Xenforo could add at least half of the bolded items I wouldn't call vB4 the most powerful software anymore. Do you really think that would slow Xenforo down though? Some of those features are really basic.

Smilie and Theme Use Statistics

Is that what I think it is?
Seriously, what point does that serve at all?

Have you tried actually just running and using your forum instead of focussing on minutiae such as that?

This thread from adminextra contains a basic list of features I'd like to see in Xenforo 1.3 that are in vBulletin 4. If Xenforo could add at least half of the bolded items I wouldn't call vB4 the most powerful software anymore. Do you really think that would slow Xenforo down though? Some of those features are really basic.
If I recall correctly, weren't you battling performance issues, on multiple servers, as a result of running an excess number of add-ons?

Smilie and Theme Use Statistics

Is that what I think it is?
Seriously, what point does that serve at all?

Have you tried actually just running and using your forum instead of focussing on minutiae such as that?
I don't know what you read but that's not what I'm talking about.

Advanced Navigation Menu Manager (Most Requested Feature on Xenforo.com) Exists in vBulletin 4 as Core
Latest Post First as an Option (exists as an addon) Exists in vBulletin 4 as Core
Messages and Threads Per Page as Preference (exists as an addon) Exists in vBulletin 4 as Core
Search Custom User Fields (exists as buggy or limited in scope addons) Exists in vBulletin 4 as Core