Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have wondered about that. Typing specifically. I had typing classes in elementary school. All kids I see today can't type (no home row, no touch typing).
Yeah I used to get angry seeing my lil bro misspell everything on FB (used to it now). I guess grammar is not reinforced strong enough in school these days... :unsure:

Random though "I want to start a community, I miss it. Maybe a customer forum for my web design company would be best."

I too have wondered about that. Typing specifically. I had typing classes in elementary school. All kids I see today can't type (no home row, no touch typing).

LOL. I never learned typing in school at all.

I have my own typing style which ends up looking like my fingers fly all over the keyboard. In the end I know where every key is without looking, but the style is quite random and looks like it wouldn't work without a lot of practice doing so. Adapt and overcome Jake ;)

on second thought....anyone have experience setting up a clean room...?

I have done platter swaps before but without at least semi clean room the drive will fail too quick for me to be able to recover 3.6 tb's of data.

Just looking for any random tips anyone has (more or less the don't do things besides the obvious things one must be aware of when playing with disassembled hdd's)

I like turtles.

toldme-turtle[1].webp

It has been approximately 11 hours of work and I've finally finished a simple (color) theme for vb4 -.-
About an hour ago I found a document pointing out some styling elements but they didn't list/show everything I needed.

3 hours of it was because I accidentally removed "}" from one of the .css documents and the whole damn theme went to hell -.-
I reverted everything back and forth to see what it could have been! NOTHING changed... I had to go through everything line by line until I found it. Revert = fail.

*praises XF. PRAISES IT*

And now I'm working on some SEO stuff for my forum on XF. I haven't tried to be number 1 in google for anything since I had a paid posting company >.< That was about 5-7 years ago??? I was successful, but there was less competition andddd I think google was more lax back then?

It is always that 1 small add-on or tweak, that you really, really, really, really.... liked and thought was the coolest little piece of eye candy ........ That cause or turns out to be the root of all problems.

I'm going to create a dozen or so add-ons in the next week or so and release them here on xenforo. I will encourage people to create versions of my add-ons and release them as their own because I don't give a crap about that stuff -.- I love seeing new stuff in the resources section :) Large 'after market' generally means great product >.>

I believe in a better xenforo and a boycott isn't really going to change anything since KAM is friggin busy with lawsuit until after Jan.

Add-Ons will include ps3 leaderboards (unstyled. my styled version will cost a small amount becauseee it took me time and I need some lunch money), gamer profiles, more postbit 'essentials', what's popular page (since old one got deleted, I'm making my own), and some styles.

Heh... I never learnt how to type in school either, and my typing style isn't particularly structured. I can't imagine typing properly using the 'f' and 'j' keys as the resting point for my index fingers... maybe I'm just not that great at controlling all my fingers at once...
I still type over 100 wpm though.

I'm going to create a dozen or so add-ons in the next week or so and release them here on xenforo. I will encourage people to create versions of my add-ons and release them as their own because I don't give a crap about that stuff -.- I love seeing new stuff in the resources section :) Large 'after market' generally means great product >.>

I believe in a better xenforo and a boycott isn't really going to change anything since KAM is friggin busy with lawsuit until after Jan.

Add-Ons will include ps3 leaderboards (unstyled. my styled version will cost a small amount becauseee it took me time and I need some lunch money), gamer profiles, more postbit 'essentials', what's popular page (since old one got deleted, I'm making my own), and some styles.
I'm working on a new skin. All by myself with no help. It will use only 2 - 3 original photos and as little code as possible. Everything else will be XenForo defaults.

Who wants to bet that someone "tries" to claim it's their own? :cautious: (it's for that reason there will be no previews this time... until after release)

I'm working on a new skin. All by myself with no help. It will use only 2 - 3 original photos and as little code as possible. Everything else will be XenForo defaults.

Who wants to bet that someone "tries" to claim it's their own? :cautious: (it's for that reason there will be no previews this time... until after release)
It's mine, mine I tell you!

:P

It's mine, mine I tell you!

:p
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think the whole thing is insane.

For my first release... Someone claimed "shared common usage code" was their own work.... Which is insane.... No one owns "common usage code"..... And my skin looked like the "dark side of the moon" compared to theirs.... ie... They looked nothing alike.

My other skin.... I had help on as to "try" to avoid drama, but the person who help me actually was trolling me and passed me something that shouldn't have been passed.

So maybe 3rd time will be a charm. I'm sticking to xenforo defaults and only using 2 - 3 photos..... But you never know..... :cautious:

You are seriously claiming AGAIN you didn't rip SOCIAL? WTF.

And the last two, you got a message from the CREATOR that is was indeed a rip from his theme.

You've released 3 themes, all have been rips. Let's not make it 4/4

Heh... I never learnt how to type in school either, and my typing style isn't particularly structured. I can't imagine typing properly using the 'f' and 'j' keys as the resting point for my index fingers... maybe I'm just not that great at controlling all my fingers at once...
I still type over 100 wpm though.
Wow... that's great! At what percent accuracy if you don't mind me asking?

We are very resourceful when we use our imagination instead of letting other people's imagination use us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom