Add-on PSN LeaderBoard

That might've been because of the api he chose to go with! This will not force them to sign-in but I'd like to use that in the future.

There's about 5-6 apis out there. I ended up sticking to psnapi.org and the owner is active there so you get responses :)
IF psn changes anything the code becomes crap :\ but in general the changes would probably be URLs and passwords/tokens etc etc so that could all be change fairly quickly once it is found out.

Is this one dead?
It's very very annoying for my level :(

A more experienced programmer could get further with info provided on psnapi.org
I stopped when trying to find a database to replace all the unique ids retrieved from the api.

Trophy level/avatar/basic info is one thing but retrieving games was rather annoying. It feels like it could constantly be unstable at least to someone as novice as myself in the area.

Perhaps I could just release my ugly raw version, but it really needs more work. Especially if you have a LARGE forum.

Has anyone seen this? And does anyone know where the addon is?: http://psvitaforum.com/ It 'HAS' the PS3 Leaderboard!!!! Anyone know how I can get the addon? I have sent them messages but thought someone here might already know...

Of course! I was just told that the guy is on vacation and he will get back to me shortly. I will 'of course' have to ask the script-writer if he wants his addon placed here and if so, would he want me to do it or him do it himself. But I will also ask him if he would be willing to make it available to more than just one other person. I cannot exceed the script-writers wishes though and I can only hope that he is willing to share it with the XenForo community ;)

There is a much better modification already made for xF.

View attachment 46097

Hopefully that one is the one released.
No, no stewart1champ. I already have that:
  1. For BF3 (I'm the one who had it made for XF): http://forum.clankillas.net/ezstats2_bf3.php
  2. For XBL: http://forum.clankillas.net/ezstats2_xbl.php
  3. For PS3: http://forum.clankillas.net/ezstats2_psn.php
I want "this" one because it integrates with the custom userfield and shows not only the users stats but the games they play as well, just like the XBL Leaderboard addon does:

http://forum.clankillas.net/index.php?xboxlive-leaderboard/

Trust me, this one I want, "is" XF. The ezStats2 ones are just stats ;-)

I'd prefer what PSVITA has
I was porting the Ez Stats to work as a complete add-on for my forum as well as signatures, but I really wanted the individual game listings.... It's a big deal for me lol

It's probably possible with Ez Stats as I already seen how most of the PSN apis work, but it's a pain in my ass and I don't have a lot of time to fiddle with things at the moment :\

Hell I just missed out on 2 weeks of add-on development due to work being way too busy -.- I usually do most of my development AT work and work has not been easy going! lol

For anyone interested you essentially have to translate the game code to the game name and game image. I heard a few guys say they use playstation EU as their database for it, but I'm never went into researching that more.

EzStats.org is the site and you have to download the bridge add-on in order to make it work right now (as detailed in EzStats instructions).

Also 0xym0r0n I have found that "some" addons conflict with ezStats. So it's a gamble if anyone wants to mess with it. I now have to use my stats a 'standalone' because everyone wants me to keep the xenforo 'taigachat' and that addon is one of the ones conflicting with ezstats. I don't like it one bit and it (even if ezstats is used as a CMS plugin for xenforo) takes away from the xenforo 'look'. Ezstats is neither a good substitute or replacement for what we all want in a PS3 Leaderboard addon. The guy who designed the addon for PSVita site is not (apparently) going to give up his project as I have read where people have been asking him for "years".

This is definitely something I NOW want to pay someone for the time and effort but it HAS to be reasonable and 'exclusive', if I'm going to be paying for it to be developed. On the other hand if a developer wants to perfect it and place it in public for sale then I'm the 1st in line to get it. But "either way" (exclusive or public), we NEED an addon like this in our community! Many of us are game players and just being able to see our stats is essential. The fact that it has been done already and not shared infuriates me because it should be made available WITH COMPENSATION for whomever makes it available ;-)

Wait...

First you say that if you pay for it to be done, it has to be reasonable and 'exclusive'. Then a few lines later, it "has been done already and not shared infuriates me because it should be made available WITH COMPENSATION for whomever makes it available ;-)".

If they take the stance you did (paying for it to be made, and exclusive only), why are you furious? You said yourself you would do the same thing.

Well ezstats guys seems to try to follow templates separate from his code... And his css and templates are fairly easy to tweak.

Maybe the Ez Stats conflicted with your taigachat add-on because it's using darkimmortals bridge which is his coding and in turn some conflict within that? *not an expert and I don't own taiga chat*

When time and patience permits my plan was to grab all data from X_user_customfield when x_user_customfield_checked and have it run a cron that updates Ez Stats and outputs to a page I make for it.

The thing I know I'll not get to within this year would be the personal stats like games played and individual progress. I poked the EzStats guy and asked him if there's an ability to do that yet.

Technically if he is using API like any other PSN API, then it's 100% possible, but that'll require time I don't have lol.

Wait...

First you say that if you pay for it to be done, it has to be reasonable and 'exclusive'. Then a few lines later, it "has been done already and not shared infuriates me because it should be made available WITH COMPENSATION for whomever makes it available ;-)".

If they take the stance you did (paying for it to be made, and exclusive only), why are you furious? You said yourself you would do the same thing.
Well, I'm referring to two different scenarios. The first scenario is that if I have to spend maybe like, $200 for a developer to design it then for that amount of money I would not want to pay for others to get it for FREE (in essence). This belongs to the idea of getting people to 'pitch in' towards the development of the project which I have no intentions of offering suggestions for. The second scenario is that 'if the developer makes it on their own and charges for it' then I would be one of the 1st in line to get it. In most cases the developer who creates the project on their own isn't doing what I did (ex: 'paying' for it to be made). And the reason I said 'reasonable' is because although I would like to have it, I don't have alot of funds to pay for it - hinting that if others would like to pitch in then that is another direction this discussion can travel in. I'm only stating what "I'm" willing to do but if it's just ME then YES - I'm going to want it to be exclusive to me (hence 'Paying for a project' like I have made a thread about HERE: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-psn-leaderboard-stats.30920/). I've also made another request somewhere asking to [PAID] for the addon. Not that I'm going to re-sell it or anything but because at that time I thought I was the only one who wanted such an addon.

I'm just trying to express that many of us in this community 'want this thing' and if it's a matter of a developer not having the time, then I for one am willing to contribute towards it. But not at the sake of others benefitting who haven't contributed anything themselves financially.

Well ezstats guys seems to try to follow templates separate from his code... And his css and templates are fairly easy to tweak.

Maybe the Ez Stats conflicted with your taigachat add-on because it's using darkimmortals bridge which is his coding and in turn some conflict within that? *not an expert and I don't own taiga chat*

When time and patience permits my plan was to grab all data from X_user_customfield when x_user_customfield_checked and have it run a cron that updates Ez Stats and outputs to a page I make for it.

The thing I know I'll not get to within this year would be the personal stats like games played and individual progress. I poked the EzStats guy and asked him if there's an ability to do that yet.

Technically if he is using API like any other PSN API, then it's 100% possible, but that'll require time I don't have lol.
Understood. I have talked (e-mail) with the ezstats-guy since he first did something for me regarding XenForo (The BF3 Stats: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-battefield-3-bf3-gaming-stats.30919/ - "read the last post") and said it was a one time thing. Since then he has made a few more of his stats as plugins for XenForo, but when I went to him about the conflicts he 'explicitly' said he wants nothing to do with XenForo because it's too difficult for him. So yes, tweaking around and everything may be possible but that only will make it a chore for someone else because the ezstats-guy isn't going to touch it.

He probably doesn't own or have access to XenForo either. Something he could work at his own pace on. I can understand him denying wanting to do anything with a software he doesn't own.

The port *at first* will be a little hard *time consuming*, but in the long run it shouldn't be a problem. Unless he changes EVERYTHANGGGGG. Usually PSN API updates aren't that serious in the number of changes. It's always a matter of finding the links that work to scrape the data, which is why I chose not to finish my original PSN LB project lol. I'm thinking... I don't want to do all of this and have Sony change everything and suddenly my site's LB is down for an unknown amount of time. It was a turn off for me to do the extra work.

Although a port isn't such a bad deal for me... in the beginning it's extra work, but later on it should pay off.

Top Bottom