Project Bloodfang - New PC Build Log.

Some possitional problems in the CPU loop meant I couldnt place the drain where I wanted. Instead linked the loops together so all drainage can be done via 1 pipe, ended up looking much better than I hoped!

DSCN3329.JPG

DSCN3330.JPG

DSCN3333.JPG

Big day today! Fill up and leak test day.

First, soundcard:

DSCN3335.JPG

DSCN3336.JPG

Loops are now complete, second bottom radiator in place:

DSCN3338.JPG

Paper towls in place to catch any leaks just in case...

DSCN3340.JPG

Filling the loops... yes... that is me urghh...

DSCN3342.JPG

Just covering the top for the blowback caused when the air is pushed out the system:

DSCN3350.JPG

Both loops filled...

DSCN3352.JPG

DSCN3353.JPG

DSCN3356.JPG

DSCN3357.JPG

My air trap and bleed valve worked perectly.

DSCN3359.JPG

Testing the fans, you can see a PSU on the table in the background, not sure how true it is or not, but I was advised that when doing the leak testing to not use the main PSU from the system, considering how many thousands in hardware there is, for the sake of a 20 quid PSU I did it anyway.

DSCN3364.JPG

Anyway so far no leaks, just waiting for the air to find its way out the system. Will leave it running overnight and hopefully tomorrow morning, it will still be full of water!

Well, as one customer in my shop once said "for that price it better **** me"......

Crude, but he was drunk and I knew what he meant. But he was talking about a $249 blower fan.

Big day today! Fill up and leak test day.

First, soundcard:

DSCN3335.JPG

DSCN3336.JPG

Loops are now complete, second bottom radiator in place:

DSCN3338.JPG

Paper towls in place to catch any leaks just in case...

DSCN3340.JPG

Filling the loops... yes... that is me urghh...

DSCN3342.JPG

Just covering the top for the blowback caused when the air is pushed out the system:

DSCN3350.JPG

Both loops filled...

DSCN3352.JPG

DSCN3353.JPG

DSCN3356.JPG

DSCN3357.JPG

My air trap and bleed valve worked perectly.

DSCN3359.JPG

Testing the fans, you can see a PSU on the table in the background, not sure how true it is or not, but I was advised that when doing the leak testing to not use the main PSU from the system, considering how many thousands in hardware there is, for the sake of a 20 quid PSU I did it anyway.

DSCN3364.JPG

Anyway so far no leaks, just waiting for the air to find its way out the system. Will leave it running overnight and hopefully tomorrow morning, it will still be full of water!
Thanks for sharing the photos and updates. It has been fascinating watching what you have been building.

So a problem occured yesterday in my planning I never thought about the speed controller on the pumps... put simply there was so easy way to access them. So a fix was needed.

First using a tool fassioned from a pair of tweasers, filed down and bent into a very tight 90 degrees, stuck my phone with front camera underneith to see what I was doing and turned the pumps upto max speed:

DSCN3368.JPG

Now that was done I could then re-wire the molex and RPM signal wire into a single standard 3 pin fan cable which would allow me to control the pump speed via the lamptron touch controller!

DSCN3374.JPG

I'd just like to thank Mick at Mayhems for releasing a long-term aurora product.

Time for a deconstruct to change the pipework to accomodate the new liquid.

Damn you Mick!!!!

20140630_221746.jpg

Hmm… still not finished, eh?

By now, Devil’s Canyon is out. Shouldn’t you be looking at upgrading to an Asus Maximus VII Formula and an Intel i7-4790K?
;)

In all seriousness, thanks for posting your build log. I've learn a lot and have been motivated to try my hand at building something... on a much smaller scale of course. :)

Hmm… still not finished, eh?

By now, Devil’s Canyon is out. Shouldn’t you be looking at upgrading to an Asus Maximus VII Formula and an Intel i7-4790K?
;)

In all seriousness, thanks for posting your build log. I've learn a lot and have been motivated to try my hand at building something... on a much smaller scale of course. :)
You should only upgrade every other generation with Intel. Devil Canyon just fixes many of the issues Haswell had, and Broadwell will be the next large boost in performance.

Top Bottom