Resource icon

Profile Posts with BB Codes 2.0

No permission to download
@zagorskey, that's the sidebar on the forum home, right? You can control which bbcodes (including MEDIA, if you like) to display there. Go to your admin settings, go to home->options->profile & status BB code and add the tags you want to allow under "Whitelisted BB Codes in Lists". I am not sure though what it does to your forum layout if you allow for media... :unsure:

Code:
#ProfilePostList .baseHtml iframe {
width: 246px;
height:170px;
}

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update :)

Just started playing around with it, added some CSS so videos display better in certain areas - smaller in the profile posts siderbar, smaller in membercard popup and I'm using profile covers addon so didn't want media tags appearing there at all. Added this to Extra.css if anyone is interested

Code:
}

.status.baseHtml iframe {
}

.userStatus iframe{
display: none;
}

profile.webp

There seems to be an incompatibility with the Smiley Manager add-on which allows smilies to be shown in profile posts and comments.
I don't have that add-on installed, but from looking at the code it appears they're trying to modify some of the same template snippets to enable smilie parsing in profile-related areas.

I suggest you disable the following three template modification in Smiley Manager: message_simple, profile_post_comment, profile_post_list_item_simple. It won't affect its remaining functionality, and you won't lose parsing smilies either since it's done in my addon as well (if the option is enabled).

Seems to be working fine now. The only other question I have is about the output of a youtube video posted to someone's profile - on the Recent Profile Posts it shows up as some random code.

upload_2014-10-29_12-43-5.webp

@The Sandman, heh, it's not a random code - it's the youtube content ID. It's kinda difficult to decide what to do with it when you opt to not whitelist media tags there and to strip the tags.

I did consider adding an option to the addon to not only allow for stripping non-whitelisted tags, but also remove all content contained within. But that's not so usable either since in other cases it still makes perfectly sense to display the content even without the tag (think of B, I, U, etc.). So I am not really sure what to do with that. I decided to keep it simple and leave it as it is right now.

Thanks for the update :)

Just started playing around with it, added some CSS so videos display better in certain areas - smaller in the profile posts siderbar, smaller in membercard popup and I'm using profile covers addon so didn't want media tags appearing there at all. Added this to Extra.css if anyone is interested

Code:
}

.status.baseHtml iframe {
}

.userStatus iframe{
display: none;
}

View attachment 87719

Unfortunately, when I go to make these edits to the extra.css file... no changes are occuring to the size of YT videos showing in the profile posts. Any ideas?

@nguyenhuuhung I am afraid I don't understand. Can you elaborate?
Yes.
When i update status( I wite a
Content on editor. )
Then, i click "post". My status is displayed on the Profile page. But, content which above the editing, it still display content. It isn't cleared.

This error only happen when i enable Wysiwyg Editor

This images. I clicked "Post".
You look into the editor, it still display content. Content isn't cleared
untitled1-png.89408

Last edited:
E
I see. Not sure how much of a problem it is, but I will be looking into it.
Yes. I'm glad you understand and enthusiastically support me
Are you using this my addon? You can enable Wysiwyg Editor and check. I tried on the XenForo default style. This error has occurred. I'm hoping that soon there instructions or updated version fixes this soon from you. Thank you in advance!!

Top Bottom