Profile Completion Steps [Paid] [Deleted]

I am not interested in using apantic products. I do own some. Some explanation here:
Callback and CP Errors
These issues were mainly prevalent in 2015. These have since been resolved in two ways:
  • All future Apantic products will no longer incorporate callbacks. This change will be completed by XF2, and for our XF1 updates to add-ons (such as MineSync) the callback system has been replaced and removed.
  • For products that have not had a callback removal update yet, an update has been made to change the frequency of callbacks. Customers can disable the callbacks as long as they inform us *in advance* and ensure that the copyright notice is still displayed.

Your customers told you in 2015 why they could not use your products and you had the opposite opinion. Which is why we left. Various customers kept posting complaints and asking about the issue in the year after, after which you decided to make one change. Unfortunately the concerns raised were not alleviated at all. Since 2015 there was virtually no product updates except long announcements and posts about the future of your products. Promising various things that never happened.

This is all fine and I have no hard feelings at all, as you are free to offer your products in any way you prefer and plans about future product updates can work out differently. But for me this just doesn't work out. I just don't feel comfortable using your products when it includes callbacks, very little development and not being receptive to customer concerns. This is why I gave up on your products. I hope at some point things will be different.

Your customers told you in 2015 why they could not use your products and you had the opposite opinion. Which is why we left. Various customers kept posting complaints and asking about the issue in the year after, after which you decided to make one change. Unfortunately the concerns raised were not alleviated at all. Since 2015 there was virtually no product updates except long announcements and posts about the future of your products. Promising various things that never happened.

This is all fine, as you are free to offer your products in any way you prefer and plans about future product updates can work out differently. But for me this just doesn't work out. I just don't feel comfortable using your products when it includes callbacks, very little development and not being receptive to customer concerns. This is why I gave up on your products. I hope at some point things will be different.
The implementation for the callbacks was poor, I apologise for that. We addressed in 2016 the issue of callbacks and changed our policy on them. The end goal is to display a copyright notice and we realised it's perhaps more convenient for customers to manually remove the notice if they've purchased branding removal rather than a callback to automatically do it. In 2015, the issues were caused by an unstable network with our host causing some downtimes.

Since then, as I say, all future product updates remove callbacks and any that haven't been updated yet we allow customers to disable the callbacks for (in coordination with the policy I spoke of in my previous reply).

If you have any specific questions and wish to try out our products again, I'd be more than happy to discuss the changes with you and advise you on any issues you've had. If we still have issues within our code or policy, I'd be happy to change them. I apologise for the poor experience you had with us in 2015 and I'd love to change that, if you wanted to give us another chance.

The simplest way I found was to release a brand free version, no callbacks, no need to check for verification, easy to develop, user just installs new version when paid (easy for user, no editing required)

- I guess it's more hassle if you develop lots of addons

I think that your customers would come back if you would:
  • remove any callbacks
  • release regular updates for major addons (like best answer) at least bi-monthly and in case of open bugs monthly.
  • open up the addon forums so everyone can see and customers can reply.
  • fix all bugs promptly and address suggestions. I see open bug reports from years ago.
  • stop posting promises of which you don't know if you can fulfil those.
It seems to me that you have not had the time needed to devote to fully maintain xenforo addons.

Thanks for that. Was just about to buy one of their Apantic add-ons. I'd rather not support dodgy developers.

Knowing as much information about something/someone, be it good or bad, before making a purchase is golden. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom