XF 2.2 Problems sending SMTP emails on Xenforo

Hareon

Since I installed Xenforo I have been having problems sending emails.
I use SMTP. When I was using phpBB it was using port 587 and it worked normally. It turns out that here at Xenforo, it simply doesn't work.

I've already tried several options. 587 with SSL, 587 with TLS, 587 without encrypt, 465 with SSL, 465 with TLS... and so on. I have tried several ports and there are usually some errors.

I've already contacted my host and they tried to help too, but they still haven't been able to figure out the problem.

I think it's weird because Wordpress sends emails normally. In phpBB everything worked normally via SMTP. Now Xenforo, using the same settings, I can't make it work.

Unfortunately, support apparently cannot help me. Does anyone have any tips on what the people at my hosting service can do to try to resolve the problem? I wouldn't consider changing hosting. The service is good, I've been using them for a long time and that's the only problem I've had with them.

Error logged on port 587 SSL option:
  • Swift_TransportException: Email to e4t@e4t.com.br from naoresponda@e4t.com.br failed: Connection could not be established with host mail.e4t.com.br :stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number

I think only the host could help you. I also had some problems at the beginning and in fact they told me to use the name of the shared server (instead of my domain) with port 25 and with TLS.

Top Bottom