Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I have found a patch and fix that will allow it to work on 1.2. This should allow you to use this until @Luke Foreman provides a proper update.

In /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php you need to make the following change in 2 places:
Find:
PHP:
'postrating_js_modification' => filemtime("js/dark/postrating.js")

Replace with:
PHP:
                'postrating_js_modification' => filemtime("js/dark/postrating.js"),
                'postrating_minimum_opacity' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->dark_postrating_minimum_opacity

(n) 1 star << private joke)

Excellent work and thanks again @King Kovifor :)

ooh really? yes :D
But i thought i read that people were having troubles installing the post ratings add-on on 1.2?
Is this fix only for those who have it previously installed and working with 1.1.5?

(Sorry if it doesn't make sense...it sounds right in my head lol)
@King Kovifor
No. I did a fresh install and found my fix. It should work with upgrading or fresh install.

ooh really? yes :D
But i thought i read that people were having troubles installing the post ratings add-on on 1.2?
Is this fix only for those who have it previously installed and working with 1.1.5?

(Sorry if it doesn't make sense...it sounds right in my head lol)
@King Kovifor

No it installs and works just fine. The only issue in 1.2 it has is it took refreshing the thread to see the new rating you just gave.

No it installs and works just fine. The only issue in 1.2 it has is it took refreshing the thread to see the new rating you just gave.
I couldn't install on a fresh 1.2 beta1 board and was informed in this thread that it wouldn't install.

So what happens if I do this fix to my 1.1.5 forum in preparation for the update?
I don't think anything will happen. From what I'm told, this error doesn't occur on 1.1.5, but it shouldn't cause any issues. Note: I didn't test on 1.1.5.

I couldn't install on a fresh 1.2 beta1 board and was informed in this thread that it wouldn't install.
I installed fresh on 1.2 Beta 4, you should be fine.

I see that code in 3 different places.
I don't believe its needed in the third instance. I don't see it being used in the dark_postrating_detail template. I've adjusted the instructions.

I have found a patch and fix that will allow it to work on 1.2. This should allow you to use this until @Luke Foreman provides a proper update.

In /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php you need to make the following change in the first 2 instances of the following code:
Find:
PHP:
'postrating_js_modification' => filemtime("js/dark/postrating.js")

Replace with:
PHP:
                'postrating_js_modification' => filemtime("js/dark/postrating.js"),
                'postrating_minimum_opacity' => XenForo_Application::get('options')->dark_postrating_minimum_opacity
Works.

Thank you :)

Note: In an effort to help others. "First 2 instances" means only the first 2x.

YES, while it is there in that file 3 times, you only need to edit the first 2 as @King Kovifor has instructed

(Had someone not pay close attention to instructions. But I did fix it for them after)

Note: In an effort to help others. "First 2 instances" means only the first 2x.

YES, while it is there in that file 3 times, you only need to edit the first 2 as @King Kovifor has instructed

(Had someone not pay close attention to instructions. But I did fix it for them after)

In all fairness to that someone @King Kovifor only recently added the "first two" part.

Did it cause errors when the third one was changed? Just curious if it did.

In all fairness to that someone @King Kovifor only recently added the "first two" part.

Did it cause errors when the third one was changed? Just curious if it did.

They had a nice white page with the error directing it to thst file anytime you tried to view a thread.

My comment wasn't to criticize his patch.... It works just fine. :)

It was however only to draw out a small notice to those who may have skipped that part (or didn't see it from before). ;)

It will be very easy to import from that addon, just needs a simple query to transfer the entries into the dark_postrating table (via xf_import_log if applicable). There's no totals or caches that would necessitate using a datawriter or any php code, it can be done with a mysql query directly.

Pretty sure I've written a template for this query somewhere before (definitely did one for the DBTech thanks mod), but if you've got Jake handling things it is literally a 5 minute job.
Hello.
The same question I have, but I'm moving from Post Thanks/Like system which had Like/Thanks/Don't Like buttons. The last one is doesn't matter, but I need to save at least the first and the second. Could it be possible to find this template?

I'd really like to buy this to use on XF 1.2, @Luke Foreman do you have a date as to when you will update it to work with 1.2?

I really want to see how it works with responsive design

They had a nice white page with the error directing it to thst file anytime you tried to view a thread.

My comment wasn't to criticize his patch.... It works just fine. :)

It was however only to draw out a small notice to those who may have skipped that part (or didn't see it from before). ;)
What was the error as I see no reason replacing it in all 3 instances should cause any error at all. It's just not needed in the last instance.

What was the error as I see no reason replacing it in all 3 instances should cause any error at all. It's just not needed in the last instance.
Don't recall exactly what it said (sorry). Just recall it being one of those all white pages, which says something like

error X has happen at /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php line 2xx

Didn't really make a mental note of it, sorry. But it was easy enough to track down.

Don't recall exactly what it said (sorry). Just recall it being one of those all white pages, which says something like

error X has happen at /library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php line 2xx

Didn't really make a mental note of it, sorry. But it was easy enough to track down.
It could very possibly have been a double comma, I don't see any reason that shouldn't work.

It could very possibly have been a double comma, I don't see any reason that shouldn't work.
Could have been....

I only make a mental note of such things if the solution doesn't seem obvious, is unknown, or I had to find a fix myself.

As you supplied the patch with instructions.... And it became clear they didn't follow those instructions... Was not something on my priority to recall every detail.

As I said, I think you did a wonderful job on finding a fix for this. (y) I only made a note of it, to draw the attention that people should read the fine print,, before applying any fix. ;)

Top Bottom