Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Does "Whitelist to specific groups:" mean only the specified usergroup can give but they can give it to anyone or that it can only be given to the specified usergroup.

We basically wanted it so that ours are the only ones who can give a rating but they can give it to anyone.

I'm not sure whether this is something you would accommodate or a template edit I would need to make. TBH Luke I didn't know whether to post this in here or in Bobsters Showcase thread but will post on the offchance in his thread also.

I noticed the Showcase uses the default Like system with post ratings not inheriting over. I was just wondering is this something you could do by supporting it so it inherits? Not even sure this suggestion should be here or it may be a template edit I need to make. Just throwing it out there on the offchance really.

Just thinking further and looking into it all and I could be totally wrong here, probably am. Showcase uses or follows the profile comments method coding and I've noticed post ratings itself are not inherited/supported in there (profile area with the xf like system being used) which is the reason they aren't inherited in showcase so I assume it would be more than a template edit. Just thinking out loud, if post ratings were supported in profile I suspect they would inherit in showcase?. I could be wrong with that line of thinking Luke. *brain explodes* :D

Does "Whitelist to specific groups:" mean only the specified usergroup can give but they can give it to anyone or that it can only be given to the specified usergroup.

We basically wanted it so that ours are the only ones who can give a rating but they can give it to anyone.

It's the former (and the way you wanted I think :))

Just thinking further and looking into it all and I could be totally wrong here, probably am. Showcase uses or follows the profile comments method coding and I've noticed post ratings itself are not inherited/supported in there (profile area with the xf like system being used) which is the reason they aren't inherited in showcase so I assume it would be more than a template edit. Just thinking out loud, if post ratings were supported in profile I suspect they would inherit in showcase?. I could be wrong with that line of thinking Luke. *brain explodes* :D

If Showcase uses a wrapper around the built in posts content type like xenporta article comments (this is probably not the case if it functions like profile comments) then it should be a simple code edit and/or template edit. If instead it uses its own content type, it could be quite a while until support is added, as a good chunk of post ratings needs restructured to support anything but posts.

If Showcase uses a wrapper around the built in posts content type like xenporta article comments (this is probably not the case if it functions like profile comments) then it should be a simple code edit and/or template edit. If instead it uses its own content type, it could be quite a while until support is added, as a good chunk of post ratings needs restructured to support anything but posts.

Luke, if you need access to a site with Showcase and Post Ratings, I would certainly give it to you if you wanted to poke around and see what you need.... Also, I am sure Bobster could work something out if you needed to see the actual files also.

Not from what I can see, there are no manual edits. I've disabled it in all places and it's still no good. I don't know what to do. It's weird. Does this addon replace the message template with it's own?
Hi Luke,

Just wanted to get more clarification on this? I disabled the TMS edits in every style I have on my forum and the bar still appears. There is no manual edit present. I searched for the manual edit in all templates and nothing came up. I don't know what this addon is doing, but it's adding it on its own without either TMS or a manual edit added. You can see it here: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/threads/whats-next.1267/

Currently TMS is completely disabled O_o for the edit you mentioned.

Hi Luke,

Just wanted to get more clarification on this? I disabled the TMS edits in every style I have on my forum and the bar still appears. There is no manual edit present. I searched for the manual edit in all templates and nothing came up. I don't know what this addon is doing, but it's adding it on its own without either TMS or a manual edit added. You can see it here: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/threads/whats-next.1267/

Currently TMS is completely disabled o_O for the edit you mentioned.

Couple of things you can try:

- Disable the TMS edit from the master template (IIRC it takes precedence, not sure if it's a bug in TMS)
- Try editing the TMS edit instead of disabling
- Search your templates for "message_below" to see if the hook is still being added somehow

Couple of things you can try:

- Disable the TMS edit from the master template (IIRC it takes precedence, not sure if it's a bug in TMS)
- Try editing the TMS edit instead of disabling
- Search your templates for "message_below" to see if the hook is still being added somehow

1. Did this, I disabled it from "Master Style" and then went down all the sub styles to ensure they were disabled as well.
  2. I did that as well and it did nothing haha.
  3. Did this as well and there was nothing but the original hook line. I checked a default XenForo template and it was the exact same :(.

1. Did this, I disabled it from "Master Style" and then went down all the sub styles to ensure they were disabled as well.
  2. I did that as well and it did nothing haha.
  3. Did this as well and there was nothing but the original hook line. I checked a default XenForo template and it was the exact same :(.

Not sure what it might be then, I just tried disabling the ad_message_below TMS edit for the master template and the ratings bars are gone

You've definitely not got the manual template edits applied too?

Not sure what it might be then, I just tried disabling the ad_message_below TMS edit for the master template and the ratings bars are gone

You've definitely not got the manual template edits applied too?
Was that always the manual edit location? Has it changed from version to version? Was the code ever different? Wondering if it was added to a different location.

I don't know which version I have but I am the one who when I install this addon, causes all the members info except the name to be blank. I would love to have this addon 'work', so could you help me troubleshoot what the problem is? Also I want to get the latest version but I have no proof that I paid other than the fact that I have the folder (without looking in my paypal history):
postratings.webp

I don't know which version I have but I am the one who when I install this addon, causes all the members info except the name to be blank. I would love to have this addon 'work', so could you help me troubleshoot what the problem is? Also I want to get the latest version but I have no proof that I paid other than the fact that I have the folder (without looking in my paypal history):
View attachment 39411

Your payment was either amicably refunded or subject to a chargeback (I cannot recall which, my Paypal history simply says 'Refunded'), but regardless I cannot help you with this issue or send you the latest version.

Look in your PayPal history?
Um, 'who are you?' (Mind your business).

Your payment was either amicably refunded or subject to a chargeback (I cannot recall which, my Paypal history simply says 'Refunded'), but regardless I cannot help you with this issue or send you the latest version.

Oh yes, Now I remember! Ok that's correct and Thank you. I sure wish I could find out why my site is the only one that does this, must be another addon conflict or something ;-(.

Top Bottom