Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I found a 'conflict' where this add-on causes all the detailed info of my XenStaff to not show. I want them both to work but how do I fix this issue? I have disabled the Post Rating' and when I do that then the XenStaff detailed info shows properly. Enable it and the XenStaff detailed info disappears:
Have you been able to look into this add-on conflict yet? Thanks in advance.

I'm all too familiar with their api after developing a bunch of their forum system plugins including about three quarters of the xenforo one :V

It would really need support on the app side though, without that there's not much that could be done other than displaying ratings as part of the post text or something

Is there a way for the post rating system to know they are using tapatalk and just enable the existing "like" functionality? As of right now, there is no like functionality at all for my Tapatalk users.

Is there a way for the post rating system to know they are using tapatalk and just enable the existing "like" functionality? As of right now, there is no like functionality at all for my Tapatalk users.

Does Tapatalk have like functionality normally these days? I don't think post ratings does anything that would prevent that working

Does Tapatalk have like functionality normally these days? I don't think post ratings does anything that would prevent that working

It does have a like function now. (this it had it for a while now) And I just did some testing. When I disabled the post rating app, the like functionality showed back up in Tapatalk. Then I re-enabled the post rating functionality and it went away again.

When you click on a post in Tapatalk, you should get 4 options. (QUOTE, LIKE, SHARE, MORE) When post rating enabled you only get 3. (QUOTE, SHARE, MORE)

I also took a look into the TapaTalk as well as the Forum Runner clients. You cannot get this to work with those because this add-on requires us to insert the Manual Coding. Those clients don't give that possibility that I know of.

I'm not sure if this is something you can help with but we've been seeing really poor performance on our site today and looking at APC the cache requests per second seemed really high and this looks a bit suspicious:

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 16.55.40.webp

Any reason why those files would be being called so often?

I'm not sure if this is something you can help with but we've been seeing really poor performance on our site today and looking at APC the cache requests per second seemed really high and this looks a bit suspicious:

View attachment 28083

Any reason why those files would be being called so often?

Those are just the templates, it's normal for them to be executed a lot (once per post). Given how lightweight the template code is, if there is a performance bottleneck it is highly unlikely to be in them, especially with APC cache.

Does your site performance change with Post Ratings disabled?

You would need to use phpMyAdmin or similar (if you have cPanel it will be in there)
I use phpmyadmin it looks like this for me but i dont exactly know what to do lets say i check the users id in xen_users and after that i search for the id then what?
33emmn5.jpg

Those are just the templates, it's normal for them to be executed a lot (once per post). Given how lightweight the template code is, if there is a performance bottleneck it is highly unlikely to be in them, especially with APC cache.

Does your site performance change with Post Ratings disabled?

That list was the top 20 of all the cache files. They're being requested over 4 times more often than any other file which seemed a bit strange.

I'll investigate what happens with disabling the addon and get back to you.

I use phpmyadmin it looks like this for me but i dont exactly know what to do lets say i check the users id in xen_users and after that i search for the id then what?
33emmn5.jpg

You can get the user ID by looking at the URL of their profile page:
9dd9.png

Then simply run that query using the 'SQL' tab

Could you PM me a link to your site and a test account? It sounds like a browser or server issue

I believe cloudflare was the culprit. I disabled cloudflare and it worked this morning. I just activated cloudflare and it's broken again. I'll just disable cloudflare.

Thanks

Top Bottom