XF 2.1 Possible to not use /forums and /threads, etc?

For /forums yes but it would require a separate route filter for each one.

For the others, the routes can be changed globally but not removed entirely.

Drop? No. Replace? Yes.

Imagine a thread with title Sixlxvi and a user named sixlxvi that coincidally have the same ID 925.

If you dropped the routing information both would generate sixlxvi.925; would that be the user or the thread?

Drop? No. Replace? Yes.

Imagine a thread with title Sixlxvi and a user named sixlxvi that coincidally have the same ID 925.

If you dropped the routing information both would generate sixlxvi.925; would that be the user or the thread?
True. I was thinking it would be fine because you have the member or thread ID in the URL. But I didn't think of them having the same text and ID, as you said.

@Brogan for /forums, would that mean not using the "URL portion" in the node settings, but instead using route filters?

Here is why I made this thread...

I have a node that I want to route filter but the node name changes each month:

forums/rig-of-the-month-august-2020.57/ to rotm/ is what I use. But because august will eventually change to september, this route filter will stop working unless I manually change it.

Using "URL portion" in the node settings will do it automatically. It continues to work regardless of the node title. However, using this option gives me forums/rotm/, which is what I want to avoid. If I do that first, and then route filter forums/rotm/ to rotm/, would that be a double route filter and break things?

I also tried a workaround of route filtering the node ID only, but that doesn't actually work:

forums/57/ to rotm/ -- I figured this would continue to work regardless of the node title but it doesn't work in the first place.

About replacing the others globally, how would I do that? Just a general route filter of members/ to m/ for example?

Route filters are explained here: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/route-filters/

For the rotm forum I would look at an alternative set up.

I would just have a rotm forum and an archive forum and archive all the threads from each month.
You could use prefixes if you wanted to be able to filter or search on a specific month.

You could even have an archive forum for each year.

That's what I do with my F1 GP discussion threads.

Top Bottom