XF 2.2 PHP 8.2 should I upgrade?

Absolutely! I'm currently running two sites on 2.2.15 with PHP 8.2 and have no issues. PHP 8.3 is available to me, but I've not tested it as yet, but will sometime soon and if I run into any issues I can switch back to 8.2 until any such issues are resolved.

Absolutely! I'm currently running two sites on 2.2.15 with PHP 8.2 and have no issues. PHP 8.3 is available to me, but I've not tested it as yet, but will sometime soon and if I run into any issues I can switch back to 8.2 until any such issues are resolved.
Similar. I'll probably wait for 2.3 to upgrade my PHP at this point. 8.2 is the recommended for 2.2.15 and is working fine.

If everything works for you, there's no need to upgrade PHP
Definitely not a good idea considering 7.4 has been totally unsupported by PHP since November 2022. That's one very significant reason to upgrade.

This line of thinking is also what keeps people using very old versions forever, which holds developers back from being able to use newer PHP features as everything still needs to support old versions. They may as well not release new versions.

Top Bottom