Add-on [PAID] Multiple XF Single Sign-on Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my master is www.site.com and I create several regional slaves at cn.site.com, ca.site.com, fr.site.com
I assume I have to create different database for those site with multiple XF licences.

And your addon should work without problem?
If it where simply DNS redirecting, then it would all be one database, thus SSO would not be required.

As for domains... there are zero restrictions regardless how they're hosted, setup, etc... one DB is a master, every other install is a slave and you manually input the slaves to the master, thus giving each slave permission to communicate with the master and vice versa master to slave.

I'm already working on another addon which derives from XenSSO but is not part of XenSSO. It will basically allow you to run your own OpenID server and OpenID consumers, which can then be used in conjunction with third party applications that support OpenID. It won't support all the features XenSSO offers, but you will be able to sign on with one account across all sites that you connect to it. And you will be able to use it next to XenSSO.

Great!! This will be perfect for users in confluence, Wordpress, wikimedia, etc.

Any plans for oAuth/xauth (or Shibboleth/SAML2)? - there's been a bit of a movement away from openID...

If my master is www.site.com and I create several regional slaves at cn.site.com, ca.site.com, fr.site.com
I assume I have to create different database for those site with multiple XF licences.

And your addon should work without problem?
As Anthony said there are no restrictions regarding setup, as long as each host can access each other by the settings configured. For what you're doing you're probably better off with one setup and multiple forum categories based on language though.

Great!! This will be perfect for users in confluence, Wordpress, wikimedia, etc.

Any plans for oAuth/xauth (or Shibboleth/SAML2)? - there's been a bit of a movement away from openID...

oAuth is far more complex than OpenID seeing as it's trying to fill a much larger role. OpenID is simply for one off identification whereas oAuth is more of a "use my personal details everywhere" kind of solution. I might consider it for version 2, which will be focussed on syncing your account preferences and what not, but I'm honestly not that impressed with oAuth from the work I've done with it.[/quote]

As Anthony said there are no restrictions regarding setup, as long as each host can access each other by the settings configured. For what you're doing you're probably better off with one setup and multiple forum categories based on language though.
I intend for the different version to be different sites for different audience/language where one account gives you membership in all sites under our network.

Naatan, if this is being run on a couple of forums, how would things be handled if one of the forums ends up banning a user for breaking their rules? Would that ban be limited to that single site, or would it bubble through to the other sites? Is this perhaps possible to get a configuration option for, as not everyone would probably want the same settings?

What about registration statistics? Would participating sites be able to differentiate between locally created accounts and "network" accounts somehow?

Naatan, if this is being run on a couple of forums, how would things be handled if one of the forums ends up banning a user for breaking their rules? Would that ban be limited to that single site, or would it bubble through to the other sites? Is this perhaps possible to get a configuration option for, as not everyone would probably want the same settings?

What about registration statistics? Would participating sites be able to differentiate between locally created accounts and "network" accounts somehow?

Bans and kicks are not synced. As for statistics, only the master server will have all accounts on it, slaves will only have accounts of users that logged in / registered on those sites. There is currently no way to differentiate between accounts, it wouldn't be too hard for me to add a simple flag for networked users though. But generally, once you install this addon, all users are essentially networked users.

Bans and kicks are not synced. As for statistics, only the master server will have all accounts on it, slaves will only have accounts of users that logged in / registered on those sites. There is currently no way to differentiate between accounts, it wouldn't be too hard for me to add a simple flag for networked users though. But generally, once you install this addon, all users are essentially networked users.
Naatan,
I assume what you mean is if my master originally has 1000 members. Then I open 2 more slave forums, each has unique 500 members. Then my master forum will show in its stats that it has 2000 members while the slave forum stats will shows its own 500 members?

Naatan,
I assume what you mean is if my master originally has 1000 members. Then I open 2 more slave forums, each has unique 500 members. Then my master forum will show in its stats that it has 2000 members while the slave forum stats will shows its own 500 members?

Roughly speaking, yes.

If you would be willing to add a flag like that, that would be excellent. We'd be willing to pay to have the flag as something that can be reported on in daily statistics (and totalled for all-time).

If you would be willing to add a flag like that, that would be excellent. We'd be willing to pay to have the flag as something that can be reported on in daily statistics (and totalled for all-time).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You want to have a stat like "xx network members, xx local members" ? I'm a bit confused as I have a hard time seeing the point. It might be a nice statistic for you to track analytically, but as a stat for the community I don't see how it adds any value.

I'm not against implementing it, just trying to understand why you would want this.

Yup. Purely analytical for back-end usage. My partners would like to be able to use the actual number of local signups, as well as the amount of network signups to report om :)

Naatan,
By synching their account across the network, I assume it would cover their avatar, signature, etc?

Yup. Purely analytical for back-end usage. My partners would like to be able to use the actual number of local signups, as well as the amount of network signups to report om :)

I will consider implementing this in a future version, currently not on my list of priorities though.

Naatan,
By synching their account across the network, I assume it would cover their avatar, signature, etc?

No it only syncs their account, syncing of profile fields is to follow in a later version.

Most of these questions have been answered in depth in prior pages, showing images and such of what happens under specific instances.

To give you a status update, the support site is almost done, I hope to have it live by the start of next week, at which point the addon will become available in the XF resources section.

I'm planning to sell the addon at 60 USD per license. Each license will cover one "network", a network being a collection of sites that share their login details through the addon. There is no limit for the amount of sites you want to cover under your network.

If you have any thoughts on the pricing and/or licensing, please let me know.
Is the sale still on schedule?

Alright guys, the site is live. Note that I have yet to post the addon in the resource section here but you can already go ahead and purchase it here.

Currently the payment process is not finalized, as when completing your payment you are redirected to the account upgrades page. I will improve upon this soon, till then just make sure you confirm your email address after payment and go to the support section on the forums, you will have access to a "Releases" forum where you can download the latest version.

I have not had a chance to test the support site on all browsers yet, so if you encounter any issues please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom