XF 1.0 Pages

Pages allow you to manage simple content in the node tree. Find out more here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

The node list display could do with some improvements. We have some ideas about that.

The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

It's not possible now, and while there are certainly advantages of it, I'm generally very against inserting PHP code directly in any interface.

Are these 'Pages' coming with an event hook? So a plugin could be used.

I doubt that. Instead they are using listeners which are basically hooks but different from what i understand. That is if a specific condition is met it runs the code.

I've mentioned before how fast we can develop with the XenForo framework. Pages is a particular example of that in action - I wrote the majority of the code that runs the Pages system in one afternoon. :)

You did this one an afternoon. OMG.....

I am starting to think anything is possible.

I really really really really like this feature.

Oh no, Pages was finished months ago. We are just gradually introducing features here on XenForo.com so we don't blow your minds ;)

Other than the fact that you'd kill half the user-base due to heart attacks, what's so wrong with showing us everything?

It's not possible now, and while there are certainly advantages of it, I'm generally very against inserting PHP code directly in any interface.

If we cannot define custom pages and include them in the node tree for the benefit of permissions system, etc then I think that's a shame, and a wasted opportunity.

If we cannot define custom pages and include them in the node tree for the benefit of permissions system, etc then I think that's a shame, and a wasted opportunity.

Since it's a node, it's part of the system, you can apply the permission system to the content of the nodes, like a custom page. I am sure. (not confirmed).

Since it's a node, it's part of the system, you can apply the permission system to the content of the nodes, like a custom page. I am sure. (not confirmed).

That's correct. Pages inherit the complete permission scheme that is available to all nodes, so you can set precisely what users / groups etc. are able to view them.

Could you explain exactly what you want to achieve, Rob?

It would be cool to use PHP on a per 'page' (content type) basis and for that page to be a node in the node tree - I may for instance want to use a page (and sub-nodes) as a sponsor profile and include in that their own RSS feed of news, jobs, whatever. Ok, I admit this could be a custom coded plugin but the ability to include PHP in a 'page' would allow more control.

Top Bottom