[OzzModz] Prefix Or Suffix Downloaded Attachments

[OzzModz] Prefix Or Suffix Downloaded Attachments 2.0.1

No permission to download
What evil joke?
Many programs don't like spaces in the name of files, for example ODIN for flashing Samsung devices. Can manually get rid of the space in the file name after downloading, but then the meaning of the addon is lost. If no one sees this as a problem, then let remain as it's...

Many programs don't like spaces in the name of files, for example ODIN for flashing Samsung devices. Can manually get rid of the space in the file name after downloading, but then the meaning of the addon is lost. If no one sees this as a problem, then let remain as it's...
Don't apply the space in the settings then?

The space is hard coded. That is because if you are using the suffix option you can not enter a space before the text you set. Or the prefix option I believe the space is not allowed after the text.

Well, that is not ideal of course. People should decide for themselves how they want it, this is limiting.

Maybe just remove the hardcoded spaces and allow us to enter [space] which then converts it to a real space character for the renamings.

But what Ozzy should intercept are illegal characters for Windows. These are not allowed to be in a filename (also other stuff, see the link).

1586421872463.png

This is already handled by XF. Using any of those characters in the option XF replaces it with a _ when you download the attachment.

Reactions: sbj
What if someone uploaded a zip/image with spaces such as my upload to here.zip?
I have already seemed to explain my position. If the file is a picture, then it's okay, but there are more demanding files for spaces. I repeat, spaces in the file name - bad!

Top Bottom