[OzzModz] Lessons

[OzzModz] Lessons [Paid] 2.0.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Lessons - Allows you to organize online courses in an easy-to-use interface

View attachment 296273
View attachment 296286

Requirements:
XF 2.2+

Description:
Allows you to organize online courses in an easy-to-use interface

Admin features:
  • Tree categories
  • Category-specific permissions
  • Lesson discussion forum selection per each category
  • Option to require approval for new classrooms & lessons per each category
  • Classroom custom fields management
  • Lesson custom fields management
Teacher...

Read more about this resource...

@cdub made the point earlier that there is actually no quiz question options, or automated grading. I guess this was assumed to be a feature of "lessons". Seeking clarification with that if so, and would this ever be considered down the road?

Interesting. Is it possible for the teacher to take fee from the students to access a classroom?
Probably as integration with a third party currency add-on or as standard XF purchasable (but only the administrator gets paid)
@cdub made the point earlier that there is actually no quiz question options, or automated grading. I guess this was assumed to be a feature of "lessons". Seeking clarification with that if so, and would this ever be considered down the road?
I don’t quite understand what is required and how it should work
Can you describe in detail?

I don’t quite understand what is required and how it should work
Can you describe in detail?
Simply put, for a certain “lesson”, there could be a quiz attached with various fill in blank or multiple choice answers. Then after quiz is completed, it can be graded as such

Is it possible to add prerequisite for certain lessons. e.g.
I take class A1 as I am going through I struggle so before progressing to A2 I am offered an option to complete A1i, then I can move to A2. While completing A2 my interests change and instead of A3 I actually go to A5 before progressing to Class B or C depending on how I completed class A?

I'd love to speak to you @Ozzy47 or @Painbaker about making this work for us. I can utilise advanced forms for assessments if there is no in build assessment module. I'd rather have a simpler approach than creating lots of usergroups which is how I currently imagine I would achieve this.

Is there a video tutorial on how to set up this plugin? I am stuck with lesson categories and I don't see any option to set up the lessons themselves 1708506051843.webp

Is it possible to add prerequisite for certain lessons. e.g.
I take class A1 as I am going through I struggle so before progressing to A2 I am offered an option to complete A1i, then I can move to A2. While completing A2 my interests change and instead of A3 I actually go to A5 before progressing to Class B or C depending on how I completed class A?

I'd love to speak to you @Ozzy47 or @Painbaker about making this work for us. I can utilise advanced forms for assessments if there is no in build assessment module. I'd rather have a simpler approach than creating lots of usergroups which is how I currently imagine I would achieve this.
We can investigate this if you or someone is willing to sponsor it
Contact PM for details

Is there a video tutorial on how to set up this plugin? I am stuck with lesson categories and I don't see any option to set up the lessons themselves
Creation of classes and lessons is available through a public interface
yoursite.com/lessons/

Creation of classes and lessons is available through a public interface
yoursite.com/lessons/
When I go to mysite/lessons, It gives me the error message below

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I had initially thought the plugin was not installed properly, so, I rebuilt it via the admin panel (Addond > Lessons > Gear icon > Rebuild) but the problem persists.

After applying the patch, I can now select pdf files for attachment. The progress bar progresses to 100% then I get the error below
View attachment 298692
The ini file is configured to allow 20MB file uploads (these files are less than 3MB each), max post size is 28MB. What could be the problem here?

This addon follows the forum's global settings for attachment size:

1708637670469.webp

This add-on would be over the top if the quiz function was programmed into it. The ability to attach an optional quiz to the end of a lesson and immediately list it as pass (email to lesson admin, and end user.. maybe even a completion certificate in email with their name - but that's just bells and whistles) or an instant fail with emailing as above and the ability to re-take the test, if that's allowed, would just kill it.

If that requires someone to sponsor that development, I would consider doing so if it were reasonable. It would give XF one more tool to compete with platforms like Wordpress that we need to use if we want a full fledged Lessons addon.

This add-on would be over the top if the quiz function was programmed into it. The ability to attach an optional quiz to the end of a lesson and immediately list it as pass (email to lesson admin, and end user.. maybe even a completion certificate in email with their name - but that's just bells and whistles) or an instant fail with emailing as above and the ability to re-take the test, if that's allowed, would just kill it.

If that requires someone to sponsor that development, I would consider doing so if it were reasonable. It would give XF one more tool to compete with platforms like Wordpress that we need to use if we want a full fledged Lessons addon.

Perhaps we could work together on sponsoring an assessment element. A multiple choice quiz is just one element that is standard on LMS programmes.

It's vital for us to only allow lesson 2 to unlock after successful completion of lesson 1. We also need the option for varied results to result in varied outcomes, from an educational standpoint we would need fine grade options. e.g. passing grade 40% (4 out of 10 questions correct) would enable them to continue. Different outcomes could direct to different lessons, e.g. if they fail, perhaps it could recommend lesson 1a (a foundation module), if they score 100% perhaps they could go directly to lesson 3.

With retries, the maximum number of attempts should be adaptive lesson by lesson/ course by course, as people will have different requirements.

i.e. Maybe some will allow 3 retakes for example; developing the quiz/assessment would require the option to have question banks that can be randomly generated, similar to placeholder text in forum titles, so 2 people doing the same quiz would get a randomised set of questions each time otherwise it would be pointless.

For instance for each lesson there could be a quiz with retakes, then the end of the course could include an assessment that is pass/fail. I intend to develop a TEFL course using this so will need a few options. Including options for multiple choice, short answer, and upload a file (e.g. essay/poster/video) and this can either be automatically marked or generate a forum post or email for the teacher to review.

We already use the advanced forms add-on, so it is essentially incorporating that into this add-on. I could adapt the existing add-on using user-upgrades but that seems like it would make the system more complex than it needs to be and is based on completing the form rather than correct responses.

Top Bottom