Orphan Threads and Posts?

Jaxel

I had a forum with posts in it... I deleted that forum. The threads and posts from that forum are still in the database. How do I get access to those threads/posts so that I can either view them or delete them?

Okay, thanks... that takes care of orphan threads... but what about orphan posts?

Does deleting a thread also delete all attachments in a thread?

The posts are attached to the threads.

Yes, attachments are deleted when you delete a thread. Note that the attachments are not deleted immediately. Rather they are processed by the Hourly Clean Up cron.

The posts are attached to the threads.

Yes, attachments are deleted when you delete a thread. Note that the attachments are not deleted immediately. Rather they are processed by the Hourly Clean Up cron.
I mean orphan posts... posts that are attached to a thread, that doesnt exist.

Are you having a problem with orphaned posts in the database? Do you know how that happened?

You can run a similar query to associate posts with different threads.

Code:
UPDATE xf_post
SET thread_id = 4
WHERE thread_id = 2

Replace the id numbers as before, except this time it's the thread_id and not the node_id.

Then you will need to run this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Thread Information

Are you having a problem with orphaned posts in the database? Do you know how that happened?

You can run a similar query to associate posts with different threads.

Code:
UPDATE xf_post
SET thread_id = 4
WHERE thread_id = 2

Replace the id numbers as before, except this time it's the thread_id and not the node_id.

Then you will need to run this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Thread Information
Running that query would be pretty much impossible. I have thousands of threads and posts, it would be impossible search each and every one of them to find out if they are orphans without some sort of script to do it automatically.

I dont know if I have any orphan problems... but I know VB4 is ****, and I wouldn't be surprised if I do.

Top Bottom