XF 2.2 Only allows a user posted in the node to view the content of the node, how?

securedme

So if the user haven't yet posted in the node, he can only see the thread list but not the content of the threads.

Is it possible? Thanks.

Do you mean that the user can see thread titles in the forum/node but cannot read it until they have posted a thread in that same node?
If so, I don't actually think that's something that's possible right out of the box with xF.

Do you mean that the user can see thread titles in the forum/node but cannot read it until they have posted a thread in that same node?
If so, I don't actually think that's something that's possible right out of the box with xF.
Yes.

Or maybe once a user has created a post in that forum/node, he'll be promoted to a certain user group, and the forum/node is only viewable by members of such user group.

He can create a new thread.
So it’s a node (forum) with threads the everone can just see the titles of, but they can’t read the content (or reply to). But they can start their own thread - but nobody can see it (except mods?)

Would this do it? (Node permissions for registered group)

View thread content = no

Last edited:
So it’s a node (forum) with threads the everone can just see the titles of, but they can’t read the content (or reply to). But they can start there own thread - but nobody can see it (except mods?)

Would this do it? (Node permissions for registered group)

View threads by others = yes
View thread content = no
Post new thread = yes

How can achieve the following:

They can see the thread content once they've created a thread in the forum/node.

Or maybe once a user has created a post in that forum/node, he'll be promoted to a certain user group, and the forum/node is only viewable by members of such user group.
Promotions don’t have criteria for specific node posts though. You’d have to add the usergroup manually

Last edited:
For a specific forum/node which only users who have stuff listed can see listing of other people. It's a kind of fair contribution purpose.

Sounds to me like you want to create an anti-leech system. You can see content but cannot access it until you contribute content in that same category. What's to stop the user from making a spam thread to read all the others? I think you'd be better using an approval system. New threads in that node need to be approved before going live and using the group promotion feature in line with the settings listed above.

Top Bottom