Oh Kier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went through this silliness regarding product development updates, and I thought as a community we had gotten across the need for communication from XenForo. Frankly this is starting to look and feel unprofessional. I think what is bothering people to the point where they are speculating on other sites is this: If the reason for Kier not being around was innocent, why hasn't someone simply posted this reason? For all the brilliance in the software, XenForo is still let down by a tragic lack of grasping how a community needs to be kept informed. This is also just playing into the hands of the XenForo bashers on other forums!

This thread will be dust and long forgotten memories if v1.2 lands on the deck next week (or soon). That would certainly explain Kier's long absence...although, I admit, I am dreaming...

We went through this silliness regarding product development updates, and I thought as a community we had gotten across the need for communication from XenForo. Frankly this is starting to look and feel unprofessional. I think what is bothering people to the point where they are speculating on other sites is this: If the reason for Kier not being around was innocent, why hasn't someone simply posted this reason? For all the brilliance in the software, XenForo is still let down by a tragic lack of grasping how a community needs to be kept informed. This is also just playing into the hands of the XenForo bashers on other forums!
Kier's reasons are his own to go into. It doesn't reflect the state of XenForo the company at all. Personal and professional lives are separate and no matter how small the company, that still needs to be considered/respected.

Plenty of things are still being done. Most people seem to downplay my contributions, as if I'm some lackey, which couldn't be further from the truth.

You'll see the plenty of feedback and communication was given during the roll out of the RM and this is generally an approach we would like to keep up.

Kier's reasons are his own to go into. It doesn't reflect the state of XenForo the company at all. Personal and professional lives are separate and no matter how small the company, that still needs to be considered/respected.

Plenty of things are still being done. Most people seem to downplay my contributions, as if I'm some lackey, which couldn't be further from the truth.

You'll see the plenty of feedback and communication was given during the roll out of the RM and this is generally an approach we would like to keep up.

Welcome to xenforo Mike. Mind if I ask, when did you join the development team?

Actually, I'm going to post an apology in this thread to Mike and Kier. I was bang out of order saying what I said on Admin Addict, I would remove that thread and my posts if possible there. Seriously, sorry for that thread guys.

I was out of order this time. A bit late in the day, but I seriously mean it.

I am sure that if Kier is away for an extended period of time that he has his reasons. We need to give Mike some XenLove, after all he does a heck of a lot of work(just look at the amazing product that these two have created). It is fun to praise Kier because of his very relaxed personality and the fact that most of us know him as the lead dev of that other software which is why we see him as important but we must remember that Mike and Ashley contribute just as much as Kier. In other news, keep up the good work!

The main reason I am not concerned from a professional software view point is the outstanding job that Mike does, along with the rest of the team.

Mike doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his at least equal contribution to the development of best forum software bar none.

Xenforo is not a one man show, never has been, whilst for a while Kier was more engaged with the community, Mike has always been there, he has answered many of my lame arsed support questions within a very short time, I see him hugely active in the support and development forums.

Put your fears aside, and let the lads get on with their business, and allow personal lives to stay personal.

We still love you Mike! Heck tell us your tipple and ill send a bottle over in appreciation! (y)

Though I don't think anyone ever downplays your part in XenForo, as of recently I have become even more appreciative of your work :)

Mike's not a big drinker.

However, feel free to send a case of anything 40% or over to me and I'll see he gets it :D

Shall a send a funnel with that :D?

Maybe he'd like a box of chocolates or something :giggle: I might just order something realy random and send it to him :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom