XF 1.1 Notices

Welcome to a new series of Have You Seen videos, demonstrating some of the new features and improvements to come in XenForo 1.1.

First on the list: Notices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://vimeo.com/27033663

I am wondering how you can have such a slide-show (as Kier is presenting at the end of the video at the help section) with 3 pictures at the homepage?
I mean so that the image-size is adjusting its size when the browser-window has different sizes. Is the image automatically resizing as we already have in XF when images are being posted in threads?
The image resizes with standard CSS.

I've got an idea that could be used usefully but my use of it would just be having Rebecca back - friday spam my forums/
So basically one of the criteria could be if the day = a certain day or certain time

users who are signing up via "Facebook Login" are not updating their avatar-image, so many still have the default-Facebook-avatar showing (at least at my Forum).

which brings me to the following idea and question:
is there a way for "Notices" to target users who signed-up at my XF-forum via "Facebook-Login" and telling them via a "Notice" to update their avatar-image?
So similar as Kier is showing in this video to target a user who is a "male", targeting users who have signed-up via Facebook.

users who are signing up via "Facebook Login" are not updating their avatar-image, so many still have the default-Facebook-avatar showing (at least at my Forum).

which brings me to the following idea and question:
is there a way for "Notices" to target users who signed-up at my XF-forum via "Facebook-Login" and telling them via a "Notice" to update their avatar-image?
So similar as Kier is showing in this video to target a user who is a "male", targeting users who have signed-up via Facebook.
Yes, same here at my forum, +1 this.

... and done :)

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 13.13.17.webp

Right now notices are free-form text, so it's not possible to use phrases at present. Of course, it's possible to work around this by using multiple notices and specifying a language in the user criteria.

will be a total overkill even with just some languages and some notices.
I request a special notice for developers, visible in every forum, thread and post just saying: "keep Multilanguage in mind before you create a feature"...
please in red, 60pt bold and blinking. Maybe combined with a high frequency tone every 5 secs...just to be sure

its really frustrating to see the same issue over and over again for any (forum-)software...

Top Bottom