XF 1.1 Notices

Welcome to a new series of Have You Seen videos, demonstrating some of the new features and improvements to come in XenForo 1.1.

First on the list: Notices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://vimeo.com/27033663

Gotta admit this is one I would like to see in the default. Thinking maybe something like "Dismiss" in a text link in the top left or right may be an idea

Isn't this just a stylesheet edit? The "X" is probably just a hidden attribute that appears on hover. If so, it should be a simple addition to EXTRA.CSS to change it. I haven't dug in to see how it works, so it may not even be stylesheet related at all.

Lovin' the Notices system though. Worlds better than the crap vB serves up with reckless abandon...

Isn't this just a stylesheet edit? The "X" is probably just a hidden attribute that appears on hover. If so, it should be a simple addition to EXTRA.CSS to change it. I haven't dug in to see how it works, so it may not even be stylesheet related at all.

Lovin' the Notices system though. Worlds better than the crap vB serves up with reckless abandon...

Oh I have no doubt it is. I would like to see it in default from the point of view I would like every part of the software to be as appealing to customers as possible :) . Changing my own site doesnt improve the product, suggestions do :)

Wow! This is the coolest feature ever!
I've just stylized the Notice area. This is probably (so far) the coolest feature I've come across.

If I could just figure out how to get a small image of a pin or some scotch tape put at the top, this would look really cool! That's my next goal :)

- Marc

Notice.png

I am making good use of notices on my forum and although there are a ton of options I don't understand some of the criteria. The help states:
The Controller, Action, and View Class fields require some development knowledge of the code and are outside the scope of this document.
I am keen to understand more about these options – how I can find out what to put here or how can they be used?

How do I get a notice to only show on the front page/forum index? I see options for just about any page imaginable, but not the index.

Top Bottom