XF 1.5 Notices page criteria issues

Alpha1

I keep having problems with notice criteria. Often it is needed to display a notice in some categories in content types or on main pages of several content types only. This does not seem possible. As soon as you activate a criteria in one content type the notice disappears in all other content types. The same issue also translates to other addons which copy the same criteria approach or which have notice criteria.

For example:
  1. Display a notice on forum index page and gallery index only.
  2. Display a notice on 1 forum category and 1 gallery category only.
  3. Display a notice everywhere in all content types except 1 gallery category.
These seem very general use cases to me. Am I missing something or are these use cases not possible?
If you have a lot of forums and categories the only way around this is to add a bulk copies for the same notice. Which makes it hard to manage, because we also have many notices. We would end up with a mess.

Could someone please explain the logic in this?

I haven't looked into the notices system, so there may be an inbuilt method, but as a general thought you could limit everything with conditionals in templates.

After reading a lot of support threads about the same, I think this needs an addon for it to work for basic use cases.
Its inconsistent that you can combine user criteria, time criteria, but not page criteria. This seems a bug.

There are quite a few suggestions that try to address it in different ways. But the situation is too confusing to post a clear suggestion and attract votes.
Multiple criteria is possible on all tabs, except for page criteria.

Nowhere on the tab is it mentioned that this one tab works different than other tabs. This is very confusing. So admins first have to find out what is going on before they can decide that they want this changed and find a related suggestion. Suggestions for this are not going to get votes. Honestly, I thought I was doing something wrong for years.

But the situation is too confusing to post a clear suggestion and attract votes.

Not sure why you keep on dumbing down the XF2 admin community by stating suggestions are to confusing to understand or that they are to technical for people to understand and like.

Top Bottom