• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Nodes As Tabs (with tab selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake dear, someone uploaded the first generation of this for me but I really need to learn how to do this myself. I can't seem to find any 'how to install' instructions for this. It might be a slam dunk for most pros here, but newbie me doesn't follow along that easily. Would ya mind posting a quick 1, 2, 3 about where to install this? :notworthy:

Thank you Anthony, for responding. I have no idea what you mean. :confused: I'm on Host Gator and it has a file called 'FTP upload' - I haven't used it, but even then, not sure what you mean by 'then install .xml through the ACP > Install Addon.'

Couldn't upgrade the mod, kept getting an error about the mod I was trying to upgrade, didn't match the mod I was trying to upgrade it with.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled though as it didn't matter all that much to me.

So far though, other than that, working great and REALLY easy to setup! Thanks jake!

Ok, take that back, works good, but having a problem with the order, can't get it to do anything other than sit after the home tab, but before the forum tab.

^what Anthony said^

I should also note that this new NodesAsTabs addon functionally replaces the old PageNodesAsTabs addon. You don't need both. Use NodesAsTabs if you are running XenForo 1.1.x and uninstall PageNodesAsTabs. The old addon may still be desired if you are running 1.0.x, but it is very limited compared to the new version.

Couldn't upgrade the mod, kept getting an error about the mod I was trying to upgrade, didn't match the mod I was trying to upgrade it with.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled though as it didn't matter all that much to me.

So far though, other than that, working great and REALLY easy to setup! Thanks jake!

That's because it's actually a different addon. ^what I said at the top of this post^

Ok, take that back, works good, but having a problem with the order, can't get it to do anything other than sit after the home tab, but before the forum tab.

Be sure you are editing the Tab Display Order which is different from the regular Display Order (for node list, not nav tabs).

And there is a Tab Position setting where you can choose home, middle, or end.

Jake, works really well. Extremely impressed you extended it to all node types.

As discussed, check your paypal...

Thank you very much for this one Jake... this will really help expand my own sites into more custom content solutions, especially fully integrated with permissions.

Be sure you are editing the Tab Display Order which is different from the regular Display Order (for node list, not nav tabs).

And there is a Tab Position setting where you can choose home, middle, or end.

I was editing the correct one, but completely missed the Tab Position. Works great Jake!

Thank you Anthony, for responding. I have no idea what you mean. :confused: I'm on Host Gator and it has a file called 'FTP upload' - I haven't used it, but even then, not sure what you mean by 'then install .xml through the ACP > Install Addon.'
http://xenforo.com/help/installation/

Same thing... download a free FTP program to your computer, such as FileZilla. Connect it to your domain using its login details, typically the master username and login your host gave you, pointed at your domain name, upload the /library/ folder in the mod over the library folder in your installation, then install the .xml via your ACP > Install Addon.

If you don't understand such things, then get someone who does around you to show you... its very easy. Filezilla more than likely have help videos / documentation for you on their site.

http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Documentation

Ok I updated the first post with a new version of this addon. I also posted a paypal email address if you want to donate.

I thoroughly tested this new version and I am confident that it works correctly. But please report any problems you encounter.
Jake, while trying to help Blueprint4Love, upon installing the add-on on the forum (Running XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 3) none options display... I guess the add-on would not work in the previous beta versions?

Jake, while trying to help Blueprint4Love, upon installing the add-on on the forum (Running XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 3) none options display... I guess the add-on would not work in the previous beta versions?

I developed it on 1.1.0 rc1. I didn't test older betas. But I just checked the beta3 templates for the hooks that I use and found they don't exist in that version. So yeah... you need to upgrade.

I developed it on 1.1.0 rc1. I didn't test older betas. But I just checked the beta3 templates for the hooks that I use and found they don't exist in that version. So yeah... you need to upgrade.
So that means it definatley wont work on 1.04, damn! I need to wait for my theme to be updated by themesinc then I will install and donate, thanks Josh great work

So that means it definatley wont work on 1.04, damn! I need to wait for my theme to be updated by themesinc then I will install and donate, thanks Josh great work
Ha ha... doesn't stop you testing and developing on a local install though :D

Same boat as you DD... main site still running 1.0.2, but I have RC1 installed locally, already rebuilding menu systems, etc, to cater specifically to this mod. This really turns how you can use your forum upside down.

This is the ultimate CMS for XF right now... being its completely HTML driven and default XF, no BS interference until there is an original XF CMS in the coming years that utilises WYSIWYG interfaces, etc, from the frontend.

Pages has really just been a useless system until now IMHO.

so this add-on will show all my 5 main categories (Node-Categories) as Tabs in the Navbar?
I mean: is this also working when having more than just one Category?

Thanks!

Ha ha... doesn't stop you testing and developing on a local install though :D

Same boat as you DD... main site still running 1.0.2, but I have RC1 installed locally, already rebuilding menu systems, etc, to cater specifically to this mod. This really turns how you can use your forum upside down.

This is the ultimate CMS for XF right now... being its completely HTML driven and default XF, no BS interference until there is an original XF CMS in the coming years that utilises WYSIWYG interfaces, etc, from the frontend.

Pages has really just been a useless system until now IMHO.
Agreed! This makes it so easy for people like me too who have basic skills in forums and editing them. All we need now is the editor added to pages and im happy for now.

Just curious, do you code the pages yourself, or do you use an editor like dreamweaver or something then paste it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom