• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

New skin (W.I.P.)

Thanks everyone, I haven't exactly come up with what I pictured in my mind when it comes to the topics/comments box but with the minimalist look I'm going for, I think something else there is definitely called for. Perhaps the background would look better faded some? Maybe even a different background would change the look a lot...I'll experiment with that too :)

@Russ - indeed on the navbar. I'm planning a neat effect on those elements using a JQ thing called lavalamp.

Please don't change the look of the categories. I think the way they are now really makes the categories stand out.
It's different, which is what you are shooting for.

Hey john maybe you can sell 2 different versions. A normal layout, and then the one you have right now. Just an idea.

Hey john maybe you can sell 2 different versions. A normal layout, and then the one you have right now. Just an idea.
That would be in my option a free style? What would be the point.

Just forum home does not have the same flow into thread page. To me home page is what you see on a mobile phone (lite). Why not add create 'visitorPanel' info and look for 'userblock' within posts.

You want him to release a free style? What would be the point. Just forum home does not have the same flow into thread page. To me home page is what you see on a mobile phone (lite). Why not add create 'visitorPanel' info and look for 'userblock' within posts.

When did I say a free version? And im not sure what you are trying to say here. I gave him an idea to create two different versions one with the regular category layout, and the other with the one he already has, that way everyone can be happy.

pop2.gif

When did I say a free version? And im not sure what you are trying to say here. I gave him an idea to create two different versions one with the regular category layout, and the other with the one he already has, that way everyone can be happy.
How did you quote something I edit 3 minutes before your reply... You must of caught it before I fix my wording.

Quite in the back...;)

Noting to figure out 'Erik'. as I would of never throw orange in a pool of grey space. Noting is holding that color... So it does not belong ( in my option ). Why start an argument within O.Ps thread. If you have a problem, then converse it.

I have made some changes to the design based on some of the feedback here and I do think it improved the look. I'll post some updated screen shots soon :)

I'm looking forward to it as I like almost all that I can see in the original shot. There are a lot of nice styles available but they often compete too much with the forum content. This style doesn't which is what I like about it the most. The only thing I'm not sure about is the lack of separation in the forum list. Perhaps that area is a little too minimal or perhaps it just needs to be seen live for a better view. Either way I think this has the makings of a great style :)

Thanks Zappa. Part of the revisions I have made addresses that very point you make...I think you'll be pleased with the results :)

Top Bottom