XF 2.2 New Member Cannot See Forum Nodes

DaveM

Well this has got me stumped.

A new member registers and get sent the normal verification mail. They able to view the forum areas like normal at this stage but once they verify their email they get this.

1709470935218.webp

So once your User state moves from "Awaiting email verification" to valid this happens.
  • I have checked usergroup permissions on registered usergroup and they all look right.
  • I have tried putting the new member into all the different usergroups as secondary and it does not change.
  • I have changed the primary user group to admin no change.
  • I have added post count to the profile and run upgrade member no change.
  • I have log in as user installed. So I found another new members that registered a few days back and log in as them and it all works as it should for a new user.
  • I compared these two users profiles and they look exactly the same.
I do recall deleting a usergroup yesterday that seemed to be not valid to the forum anymore but for the life of me I cannot even remember what that one was called. So I am not sure if this is what has started this problem with new members registrations.

Right now I just have no more ideas on what to look at to fix this issue so any guidance will be really appreciated here. :(

Right now I just have no more ideas on what to look at to fix this issue so any guidance will be really appreciated here
Have you looked in ACP > Groups and Permissions > Analyse Permissions for that user? Sorry if that is too obvious but you don't mention it and that is usually the first thing to check.

I think you've got an addon conflicting (maybe)... that language used in 2nd line of the access error (in the screenshot) isn't the default Xenforo one. The 2nd line about joining a group isn't in Xenforo as far as I am aware and must come from an addon. (unless you modified this yourself)

As the poster above states, would be a good idea to see what the analyzer says.

Have you looked in ACP > Groups and Permissions > Analyse Permissions for that user? Sorry if that is too obvious but you don't mention it and that is usually the first thing to check.
Believe me at this point nothing is too obvious and I am at a loss as to how to fix this.

I just looked at the Analyse Permissions for that user? again and this is what it is.

1709472895158.webp
1709472944840.webp

I think you've got an addon conflicting (maybe)... that language used in 2nd line of the access error (in the screenshot) isn't the default Xenforo one. The 2nd line about joining a group isn't in Xenforo as far as I am aware and must come from an addon. (unless you modified this yourself)

As the poster above states, would be a good idea to see what the analyzer says.
I did think it might be an add-on that I just installed so I disabled that no change. I have now disabled all add-on still no change.

Permissions can be set also at the node level, or each. We have some that are public, some private for registered only, and some only for certain usergroups. I assume you know this already.

There was an issue similar to this a day or two ago with Andrew Moderator Control Panel, but he released a fixed version.
Is that something you are running? He made 3 changes to fix it, if so.

This looks the same as happened to me yesterday with the bugged 1.9 version of [Andrew] Moderator Panel, do you have that installed and if you do have you updated it to the new bugfix 1.9.1 version?

Permissions can be set also at the node level, or each. We have some that are public, some private for registered only, and some only for certain usergroups. I assume you know this already.

There was an issue similar to this a day or two ago with Andrew Moderator Control Panel, but he released a fixed version.
Is that something you are running? He made 3 changes to fix it, if so.

This looks the same as happened to me yesterday with the bugged 1.9 version of [Andrew] Moderator Panel, do you have that installed and if you do have you updated it to the new bugfix 1.9.1 version?
Yes this is the add-on that I installed recently but I did disable it and it did not change.

I just updated my one to the 9.1 version and still same issue.

I do have some with different permissions but here you unable to see any nodes even when I put that user in the admin group as a primary group.

Going to post this here in case anyone isn't reading the thread on my add-on [Andrew] Moderator Panel.

If you installed version 1.9.0 of [Andrew] Moderator Panel then you will need to upgrade to 1.9.1 to prevent the issue from happening. After you upgrade then rebuild user cache and it will correct any impacted users.

Screen Shot 2024-03-03 at 1.03.52 PM.webp

Top Bottom