MyBB Faster then Xenforo ?

I'm sure I read somewhere that MyBB used pretty much the exact database schema as vBulletin? From the demos I found on Google it seems that they've just ripped vBulletin and offered it free... :rolleyes:

All-in-all, I find XF a far more valuable investment - for time and money.

I'm sure I read somewhere that MyBB used pretty much the exact database schema as vBulletin? From the demos I found on Google it seems that they've just ripped vBulletin and offered it free... :rolleyes:

All-in-all, I find XF a far more valuable investment - for time and money.

In an early incarnation, they had vB code in it.

lol...I mean if you want a lack of functionality, stagnant development, and maybe a little bit faster speed(for stripped down features), then go ahead...I find XenForo much more appealing to the eye and the fastest of all PAID forum softwares

It's the old "infinite number of monkeys" question - each forum is so different in terms of add-ons and use that comparing a sample install or just one instance means nothing.
I didn't see the banner where it said XF was the fastest forum.....maybe I missed it? I thought the idea was to build a solid and modern foundation which served the needs of those who needed the particular features, support an add-ons both existing and future.....
I've seen some really fast, really big instances of forum sw.....stripped down. Great stuff.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/index.php?
uses phpbb I think......5 million posts, 1,000 online, etc...page load in...... 0.042 seconds - hard to beat that by much.
But, frankly, the place looks like an old chicken coop!

Well, I can tell you that MyBB databases vs XenForo databases after just doing a few import tests ...
XenForo certainly wins. Yikes those indexes.

I am. I keep forgetting, was that before DevBB?
It was before MyBB was GPL, I think it was in the MyBB 1.0 era, and looking at the timestamps on the vBulletin.com forum post, I'd say it was after DevBB.

Of course, because MyBB at that point was not GPL, "LiteBulletin" got slack from both vBulletin (for illegally using and redistributing their code) and MyBB (for forking and building upon their code when their license prohibited such activity)

Honestly, if you consider all the SEO advantages that XenForo has, its slight performance difference is quite decent compared to most other forum software. MyBB is okay but lacks alot, phpBB is by far fastest and memory efficient (700kb max with xcache / xen is 1.7 mb), but you'd need to go thru a tedious process to really make it match XenForo's potential in the SEO department. I did notice though that for some strange reason queries take a little longer in XenForo I don't know if its Zend Related, the query string itself is fine.

Then I recommend to use mybb :)

My experience is that mybb on the same dedicated server with 1,2 million posts was a smooth experience, with sluggish loads here and there. And once converted over to XenForo rc1, it was flying and user activity picked up again, and the analytics showed the bounce rate went down, and people stayed on the site longer.
i believe mybb and smf are faster but, mybb UGLY .. mybb only for someone know about coding ..

www.Kaskus.us indonesia ..
more than 2.000.000 member
60.000 concurrent visitor
daily pageviews = more than 100 millions a day
hosted on more than 20 server mostly in indonesia ,
kaskus.com using vbulletin ...
it's fast from indonesia, but they disable some of vb feature ..

mybb faster than XF because mybb has fewer features !

Top Bottom