Moderator Checkpoint System [Deleted]

I got it up and running now. Works great just like I expected. (y)
This is definitely is going to make life easier :cool: (y)

I cannot confirm whether or not the new version will help you.

Most of the issues you reported were due to other add-ons conflicting. Then you apparently had other issues and just stopped using it without saying what they were.

Feel free to try it, but if you have issues please report them.

The deadlock errors are one of the issues resolved in this version.

Chris D updated AVForums.com - Moderator Checkpoint System with a new update entry:

Extensive re-write focusing on stability and performance

Please read and understand all of the following information before upgrading!
Checkpoint 2.0 has been re-written from the ground up to focus on better stability and performance, especially with larger boards in mind.

That said, the process of upgrading is likely to be longer if you have a large board. You may wish to actually uninstall the old version completely and start again from scratch but this would remove all current checking data.

To upgrade, actually you do not need to upgrade the existing add-on. You just install it as a new add-on. The add-on installation detects the old version of Checkpoint and handles the migration automatically.

If you do wish to start again, there is a new "Refresh Checkpoint Data" tool under Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches. This will automatically mark all existing unchecked posts as checked.

For everyone else, the process should be fairly straight forward but will appear to take slightly longer than a normal add-on upgrade.

Some of the new bits are:
  • New design for the "Checkpoint" page along with some new permissions.
  • Added the ability to check posts inline - similar to how the Like link works.
  • Some UI elements changed.
  • New options in the Thread Tools menu allowing you to check/uncheck the current page.
  • Much faster checking/unchecking of a large number of posts - no longer requires any sort of deferred processing.
Updates will be sent out in due course to the email address provided at the time of purchase via PayPal.

Thank you to @Stuart Wright for his patience and thorough testing of the current build of the add-on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Big trouble here, I did not read this and and tried to upgrade it as soon as I got the email that didn't work.

Code:
Error

The specified add-on does not match the add-on you chose to upgrade.

Then I tried install new add-on That seemed to work but also failed.

Now the manual build proces says

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'reply_count' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in AVForums/Checkpoint/Model/Checkpoint.php at line 288
AVForums_Checkpoint_Model_Checkpoint->changeThreadStatusIfNecessary() in AVForums/Checkpoint/Deferred/ThreadCheckRebuild.php at line 37
AVForums_Checkpoint_Deferred_ThreadCheckRebuild->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/example.com/private_html/admin.php at line 13

Can I remove the tables from the DB and try a new start?
It's just this two right?

Code:
    xf_avforums_mod_checkpoint_post_old
    xf_avforums_mod_checkpoint_thread_old

Or what do you recommend @Chris D ?
I don't mind to have a new start.

Ok, I managed to uninstall the old add-on and installed MCS 2.o and it's working fine now.
All good now (y)

hmm, Maybe I spoke to fast.

Still having trouble...
I'm trying to refresh the checkpoint data and I always get this error
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'reply_count' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in AVForums/Checkpoint/Model/Checkpoint.php at line 288
AVForums_Checkpoint_Model_Checkpoint->changeThreadStatusIfNecessary() in AVForums/Checkpoint/Deferred/ThreadCheckRebuild.php at line 37
AVForums_Checkpoint_Deferred_ThreadCheckRebuild->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/example.com/private_html/admin.php at line 13

@Chris D can I download 1.1.1 somewhere? I don't have it anymore.
I'm going to try to install that again and then uninstall it (hoping it will fix the tables) and then install v 2.0

@Fred. can you send me a PM with Admin CP and FTP details please?

You may have some odd data in your database. I reckon it could be a thread that has 0 posts in it, i.e. totally empty, not even a first post (we saw some odd things like this in old data at @Stuart Wright's forum).

If that's the case I just need to prove that then I can fix it while I'm logged on.

Actually, let me make it easier.

I'll PM you a new file. Upload that and let me know if it works.

A bit clunky getting it installed... seemed to take up a whole lot of processor intensity (all add-ons disabled). A bit weird... but once on, extremely efficient, doesn't present the issues I had with it last time, doesn't seem to affect thread postings and such that it did last time. Early days... but so far, huge improvement. Nice job.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 5.08.11 pm.webp

Oh... LOVE the automated rebuild to get it at a starting point for use.

Last edited:
Ok... just got an error when running the ACP rebuild:

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 5.24.44 pm.webp

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'reply_count' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: anthony, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_thre...', Array)
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/AVForums/Checkpoint/Model/Checkpoint.php(288): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_thread', Array, 'thread_id = 147...')
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/AVForums/Checkpoint/Deferred/ThreadCheckRebuild.php(37): AVForums_Checkpoint_Model_Checkpoint->changeThreadStatusIfNecessary(Array, false)
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php(66): AVForums_Checkpoint_Deferred_ThreadCheckRebuild->execute(Array, Array, 6.3044397831, 'Rebuilding... C...')
#6 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, 'Rebuilding... C...')
#7 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, 'Rebuilding... C...', false)
#8 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, 'Rebuilding... C...', false)
#9 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, 'Rebuilding... C...', false)
#10 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#11 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/c/admin.php?tools/rebuild"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Yeah the process for migrating the data from the old version to the new version is pretty intensive. It took a long time on AVForums to do ~20 million posts! It is worth it, though :)

This is the same issue that @Fred. had.

I'll send out an update now.

Chris D updated AVForums.com - Moderator Checkpoint System with a new update entry:

Fixes error on rebuild

It seems to be a very common occurrence in other forum software to have threads which have no posts whatsoever in them, e.g. not even a "first post" and essentially just an empty thread container. This scenario can cause errors during rebuilds so that has now been fixed.

When the Checkpoint Refresh is happening it only checks posts that haven't already been checked.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom