Moderation queue: Shows no items to people who should be able to view them.

limboclub

Is there any sort of history of problems with the moderation queue?

Currently some of our moderators cannot see items in the queue when they should be able to, while others can see items in the queue when you would think they should not.

For instance, items on a specific board placed into the queue can be seen by some mods from that board and some other mods who are NOT mods of that board. At least one mod cannot see the items.

An admin who is also mod of a specific board cannot see two items he himself placed in the queue from the board he is mod of.

Which settings control a mod's access to the moderation queue?

All I can suggest is you check all of your user, group and node permissions.

Specifically Forum Moderator Permissions for:
Approve / unapprove threads / posts
View moderated threads / posts

Permissions are cumulative so any permissions applied to users and groups will also apply, especially if you have used Never.
Not sure what you mean there.

If a mod has a permission within that board, what will override it?

This person is an admin and has no "never" options in any of his Forum Moderator Permissions settings.

These his User Permissions page settings:

user-permissions-forum-mod.webp

Is the member in question actually a moderator?

Assigning permissions is only part of it, they also need to be explicitly made a moderator.

Be aware that the permissions assigned at group level will apply to all members of the group.
So if you have content moderators then your group permissions should be set quite low otherwise they will have those permissions globally.

For reference, my Moderating user group only has 4 permissions set to Allow - those for the Spam Cleaner, IP addresses, warnings and privacy.
The other permissions are set at user level for the respective nodes they moderate.

All useful, but the situation is:

He has:
* permissions at the forum/node level.
* permissions at the user group level.
* personal permissions.

But can't see what he should be able to see.

Odd.

Have you confirmed the problem?
You could try logging in with the user's account to check.

Otherwise I will need an admin login to check.

Top Bottom