Implemented Moderation ability in search results

TrixieTang

Currently there's no way to quickly perform moderation actions on posts/threads when searching.

This is something that I use a lot in vBulletin, for example if I ban a spammer I'll then search their posts, check them all, and delete them. I know the need for this is reduced with the spam cleaner, but there are still times when this would really come in handy.

Upvote 64
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
So my 2c is that in-line moderation functionality has lots of uses:

* Ability to locate with search repeat instances of threads that need moderation (eg - selective move of a lot of (but not all) threads from one forum to another.

* Mass tagging / categorising of a lot of (but not all) threads in search results.
Note: This is ideal when a sub topic has become big enough to deserve its own dedicated sub forum - you search forum-wide for the sub topic content - select candidate threads
from the search results - then mass move hand selected threads to the new sub forum in one go. The in-line moderation selection may span as many as 5 pages - so you could
end up moving 500 threads at once)

* It can be code modified to mass process threads (with other admin defined procedures)

In the journey to tag / categorise threads in my VB3 forum - search then in-line tagging - was super helpful.

I am really surprised its missing in Xenforo or that is just shows up in "whats new"

Please bring in-line moderation for search results on-line, ASAP!

Thanks

I'm bumping this thread because, well, my mods are all over my hair asking how they can mass select threads from an user to do moderation duties..... so yeah, +1.

Have to say this would be great to see, as far as I'm concerned. I miss being able to do all my moderation stuff from the front-end, as I could with my last forum platform.

Yeah, there's been several times in just the last few days that I've had to search for duplicates posts, then when I went to delete one of them from the results I remembered, "Oh, yeah, I can't just tick that one and delete it anymore..." It's taking me some getting used to. Hopefully this will be a priority for the developers.

I have seen the same thing posted on other suggestion threads, which were subsequently implemented.

Relatively speaking, this is quite low down on the list as there are currently 60 suggestions with more first post likes than this one.

I have seen the same thing posted on other suggestion threads, which were subsequently implemented.

Relatively speaking, this is quite low down on the list as there are currently 60 suggestions with more first post likes than this one.
Is there a way to search based on likes count?
Would like to see this list.

Well, I understand the usefulness of gaging a suggestion's popularity, but surely the developer's don't base all their decisions on a popularity contest. Just as with many other things in life these days, it's often the flashy and shallow that get the most attention. Every other forum platform I've used to date has this feature, I personally consider it a "basic" feature one should expect to find in a good forum software, and I don't think this is a case where Xenforo not having it makes it stand out in a good way. Just my 2 cents!

EDIT: I was just thinking, if it all comes down to popularity, maybe one of us should start a petition on change.org. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Another vote from me for this, it is very common on our forums to get a number of threads with the same subject as things move so fast.

We can search and find those threads easily, but there is then no easy way of selecting them and merging them.

Id like to see moderation in search results. There have been many many times i have wanted to move threads from the search

I vote for this as well. It's essential.

I used it often on different forum software to search and merge multiple threads made on the same thing.

Without inline moderation in search results I need to open every thread from there, mark it for moderation, then go to some forum to execute action.

Moving/Copying posts to existing thread is also very important feature.

Please add these. TIA

Top Bottom