Awaiting feedback Missing addon_id in xf_phrase table

HWS

When importing xml language files with the addon_id="xxxxxx" field in the parent "language" tag but not in each single child "phrase" tag too, the phrases get imported without error but loose their binding to the addon. That results in orphan phrases if you decide to uninstall that addon later.

Either the software should throw an error if you try to import language xml files without addon_id in each "phrase" tag or automatically assume the addon_id of the parent "language" tag as given for each single child "phrase" tag too (which would be the better solution).

Last edited:
I'm not sure how this situation would happen, unless the XML was edited? If the XML is edited, I'm not particularly worried about this situation. There's more than just the add-on ID here that's relevant (the version data).

As far as I can tell, the generated XML for an add-on-specific export will have the add-on ID in every child entry. I don't see how it cannot.

That results in orphan phrases if you decide to uninstall that addon later.
Translated phrases are not removed on add-on uninstallation, regardless of add-on association.