Member not showing on lists?

Alvin63

I had a new member join last night - I saw a new name logged in, but when I went to look on the members section under "newest members" they don't show up there. I normally go there to click on their profile to send them a message. But as they don't show up there, there was no profile to click on. Checked the list of members on admin panel and they are on there, and clicked on the profile via that.

I am not sure how someone can register and be a member, and not show up on list of newest members? The spam filter has filtered out quite a few spammy email addresses recently so I was wondering if one had slipped through and somehow avoided being listed? Or is that just paranoia? The email address doesn't look like a spammy one.

I had another one today. And neither seem to have become listed. What would be the point of someone registering and not confirming their account? Presumably they can't fully view until they've confirmed?

I had another one today. And neither seem to have become listed. What would be the point of someone registering and not confirming their account? Presumably they can't fully view until they've confirmed?
Spam account? Mail went to spam and not their normal inbox?
Until they confirm, they basically have the same abilities as a guest/visitor account.

Top Bottom